Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase app from bank or online

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase app from bank or online

Hi,

Is there diff between appling thru bank and online? I hv checking acc with chase since 1 year and hv 5k+ in acc. Is there better chances of approval if apply thru bank? I got rejected by online app in april this year. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Chase app from bank or online

No, there isn't.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 6
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Doesn't matter. You need to wait 6 months until you can app again with Chase, since you were rejected. Don't app now.

Message 3 of 6
YahComb
Established Contributor

is 6 months only for people with a chase checking account? I did a double app 4.5 months after i was denied and approved for both.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 4 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

is 6 months only for people with a chase checking account? I did a double app 4.5 months after i was denied and approved for both.

You only need to wait for 90 days I believe.

Message 5 of 6
melbaro
New Contributor

I'd recommend the branch if there is one nearby. If you are going for the Freedom, the 10/10 is instantly applied (versus a few months if done online). If you are applying for CSP, the spending requirement for the 40K bonus is $2000 (versus $3000 online).

In addition to this, a banker will see a "pre-approval" beforehand.

You can always call the same recon department if need be.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.