Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto CLI

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Chase auto CLI

Just logged into my account  and noticed my freedom cl went up from 2,500 to 2,800.  It's my 6th month mark with that card.  Do they do that for their other cards? I have a platinum visa with them as well and would like to know if I can expect the same thing.
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase auto CLI

I don't have any Chase products, so I can't answer your question. I just wanted to say CONGRATS on the auto CLI! Yay!
Message 2 of 10
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't have any Chase products, so I can't answer your question. I just wanted to say CONGRATS on the auto CLI! Yay!

Thanks!

As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 3 of 10
pattycake
Established Contributor

Chase did an auto CLI for me last year on Valentine's Day, but I haven't gotten one since.  They treat me very well, though, since I have been a customer for many years with checking and savings. 

CONGRATS!! 

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. An auto CLI from Chase is especially nice since if you have to ask for one, you will get a hard inquiry for it.  That's awesome.
Message 5 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have had no auto CLI from Chase and I have had the card two years.  But after 6 months I asked for a CLI and went from $2K to $8.5K, so I guess I should not complain.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 10
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

I have two Chase cards.  The one that is 11 years old has never seen any auto CLI.  The one that is 1 1/2 years old has seen two auto CLI's already.  I don't know why one card gets 'em and the other doesn't.  Each has a pretty hefty CL, and the payment history/usage are pretty similar ecept for the age.

Funny that the older card gets nothing...Go figure! 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What type of cards are each? Freedom/Platinum? and which has received the auto CLI's?
Message 8 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I have two Chase cards.  The one that is 11 years old has never seen any auto CLI.  The one that is 1 1/2 years old has seen two auto CLI's already.  I don't know why one card gets 'me and the other doesn't.  Each has a pretty hefty CL, and the payment history/usage are pretty similar ecept for the age.

Funny that the older card gets nothing...Go figure! 

Hi Uborrow

If this particular card does not mean that much, maybe you should product change to another card of chase.

Some cards have a harder time getting cli's than others. This particular card may be one of them especially if it is a starter card or a specialty card.

I know with bofa, once your secured card becomes unsecured, you should PC because you will not see cli's.

This could be the same with this situation.

I would advise you to do a product change and then try for a cli.

Hope this helps and keep us updated

Message 9 of 10
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Hi, Oracles!

Thanks for the input!  I'm not unhappy with the either of the Chase cards, they've been good to me, and they offered me a product change for the one (11 yrs. old) that's been ignored for auto CLI. (I posted this in another thread somewhere, I just don't remember where it was.)  I turned it down because I was told it would change to a Signature Freedom.  I did not want to lose the credit limit reporting for that card and have it replaced by only the high balance reporting.

I believe it was you and creditaddict that straightened that information out for me in another thread(that there were 2 versions of the Freedom card), and thanks for that!  However, the card in question has a decent 5 figure limit that I'm definitely OK with.  I just think it's strange that the other Chase card has surpassed that older card's limit with auto CLI's, and it's only 1 1/2 yrs old and has been auto CLI'ed twice now, way beyond my expectations.

Just seems odd to me, that's all. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.