cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto PC'ing Freedom OG to Unlimited

tag
djb1986

Chase auto PC'ing Freedom OG to Unlimited

It looks like today Chase changed my Freedom Flex to the Unlimited.

This happen to anyone else? I was going to PC my CSP to the Unlimited or lower Sapphire before the annual fee was added.

Edit: it was the OG Freedom that I thought became the flex when chase phased out the OG. 

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase PC'd Freedom Flex to Unlimited without my approval

Perhaps it was an error? I'd call and speak with them.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 59
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@djb1986 wrote:

This happen to anyone else? I was going to PC my CSP to the Unlimited or lower Sapphire before the annual fee was added.

What happened to make you think this had happened?  (New card arrives, web site images, Chase email)?

I haven't heard of them changing from one still current card to another  (if it was the old Freedom being changed, I would be less surprised but would also expect lots of people reporting this!).     So I would guess a mistake (either it hasn't happened or they believe the received a request to do this)

Message 3 of 59
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Question: did you call to process a CSP -> CFU change and perhaps they did it to the wrong card? That seems to be the only scenario where I see this happening. I really can't see Chase initiating this by themselves if a customer didn't ask for it. Even for a PC disclosures have to be discussed and agreed to before a card changes

Message 4 of 59
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@djb1986 
I am always asked for permission even after I have had requested a product change, then they read me a short script with the terms. 
This is the first time I see this.

Message 5 of 59
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@djb1986 wrote:

My Freedom and Freedom Flex are still in tact. 

Like Longtimelurker asked, what makes you believe this has happened? If you are going by card art on your online account access alone, it could just be a glitch. 

I have heard of Citi automatically switching cards, usually for accounts that are dormant, but never Chase. Maybe it is something new? Keep us updated, please. 

Message 6 of 59
djb1986

I got an update in Samsung Pay that my card was updated.

Card art changed and in the app, my benefits now show 1.5% cash back on all purchases.

Message 7 of 59
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@djb1986 wrote:

Card art changed and in the app, my benefits now show 1.5% cash back on all purchases.

Very strange. Hopefully this does not become widespread. 

Message 8 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

@djb1986 wrote:

Very strange. Hopefully this does not become widespread. 

Indeed.

My understanding is that they typically have to provide a verbal or written disclosure when products are PC'd, especially because CFU is issued as a Visa. IIRC, when CFF was launched, some folks who pursued a PC from either Freedom or Freedom Unlimited via Secured Message were told to call Chase directly for the PC since it couldn't be done via SM.

Message 9 of 59
NRB525
Super Contributor

Getting some popcorn...

Not sure how they auto-change a MC to a VISA.  

OP when did you apply for, get the CFF? Was any sort of PC involved, or a completely new card app with SUB?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.