Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto PC'ing Freedom OG to Unlimited

tag
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase PC'd Freedom Flex to Unlimited without my approval

@djb1986 
did you verify on Chase app? I'm not sure if you're only talking about samsum app. 
I am sure your account is good.

Message 11 of 59
djb1986

@NRB525 wrote:

Getting some popcorn...

Not sure how they auto-change a MC to a VISA.  

OP when did you apply for, get the CFF? Was any sort of PC involved, or a completely new card app with SUB?

It's never been a mastercard. I've always had a visa.

Message 12 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@djb1986 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Getting some popcorn...

OP when did you apply for, get the CFF? Was any sort of PC involved, or a completely new card app with SUB?

@djb1986 -- I believe there is some confusion here. The Freedom FLEX is (and has always been since it was launched last year) a World Elite MC. It has never been a Visa.

The Freedom (just the plain version) and Freedom Unlimited are both issued as Visa. There are currently 3 Freedom versions, although applications for the plain Freedom are no longer available.  It's been reported in the past that some Freedom cardholders were switched automatically to the Freedom Unlimited version, which doesn't require much authorization if Chase is slowly moving some cardholders to the newer product.  

This similar experience was shared by Slate accountholders who were switched to Freedom Unlimited (same Visa network) as Chase was phasing out the Slate CC.

So, you may want to update your op and the thread title to avoid further confusion for the community.

Message 13 of 59
NRB525
Super Contributor

@djb1986 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Getting some popcorn...

Ok, and still my question: When did you get this Freedom card?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 59
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@NRB525 wrote:

@djb1986 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Getting some popcorn...

Ok, and still my question: When did you get this Freedom card?

Perhaps that is all. For now.  

Until OP returns and provides additional details.

Message 15 of 59
djb1986

Ok, it seems this was their one of the final steps in phasing out the original Freedom card.

Message 16 of 59
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@djb1986 wrote:

Ok, it seems this was their one of the final steps in phasing out the original Freedom card.

If that's the case this should be interesting. Wife has all three flavors of the Freedom already so I'll keep an eye out for that. I am wondering why Chase didn't just PC the Freedom to the Flex since that card is the refresh already if they are indeed phasing out the OG Freedom

Message 17 of 59
djb1986

That's why I thought they switched it to the Flex...

@simplynoir wrote:

@djb1986 wrote:

If that's the case this should be interesting. Wife has all three flavors of the Freedom already so I'll keep an eye out for that. I am wondering why Chase didn't just PC the Freedom to the Flex since that card is the refresh already if they are indeed phasing out the OG Freedom

Message 18 of 59
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@djb1986 wrote:

That's why I thought they switched it to the Flex...

@simplynoir wrote:

@djb1986 wrote:

Have you received any communication like a secure message, letter, etc about this change or did you have to contact customer service to get your answers? Really surprised by Chase doing this honestly. You would figure they would like to keep customers on the original Freedom card since it has use only for the quarterly categories with no other purchase multipliers 🤷

Message 19 of 59
calyx
Super Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@djb1986 wrote:

I would wonder the same.
I only have the OG Freedom, and I keep getting green stars for the Unlimited.  I would want the Flex if I had to switch, so I'll be watching as well.   If it came down to a forced PC, I'd prefer the Flex (I'd rather it with an SUB, but I'd take it without one, rather than sockdrawer a Chase card).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 20 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.