Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto PC'ing Freedom OG to Unlimited

tag
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase auto PC'ing Freedom OG to Unlimited

My guess is because the Freedom is a Visa while the Freefom Flex is a Mastercard. Automatically changing between the two would be disruptive as the account number would change. 

Message 31 of 59
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Yankee2 wrote:

What is the Chase OG Freedom? 

I can see why they would want to change those "old platforms" to something that they are currently supporting, but what doesn't make sense is why wouldn't they auto PC to the newest Freedom? (Flex)

It doesn't make sense to me why it would be the CFU..... But I don't know what the OG Freedom is either...Smiley Happy

That would just be another way to describe the Chase Freedom card to differentiate it from Chase Freedom Flex and Chase Freedom Unlimited.  It would be synonymous with Chase Vanilla Freedom or Chase Plain Freedom.  😉  Chase has a habit of releasing numerous cards with similar names so sometimes you have to get creative when describing the "base model," like people will seldom talk about Chase Sapphire card without qualifying it as the "no-AF Sapphire" lest the reader mistake Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve as the writer's intent.

Message 32 of 59
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@djb1986  where you using Freedom or was it SD/pack of gum card? 

Message 33 of 59
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I still have CSP, OG CF, CFU, and CFF.

And today they sent email offering $100 SUB if I take preapproved Slate, too (not gonna happen).

All the Freedom/Sapphire line still going on as far as I know.

Message 34 of 59
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@djb1986 wrote:

It looks like today Chase changed my Freedom Flex to the Unlimited.

This happen to anyone else? I was going to PC my CSP to the Unlimited or lower Sapphire before the annual fee was added.

Edit: it was the OG Freedom that I thought became the flex when chase phased out the OG. 

I saw (Mod cut - per the myFICO Forums TOS, these links are not permitted @Wavester64 - thank you) last night from the Credit Shifu on YouTube that the exact same thing happened (unless that's you? Smiley LOL)

Potential Future Cards
Message 35 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just jumped on here to see if this happened to anyone else.

I have 2 OG Freedom cards that I use frequently. I was making a purchase on PayPal and noticed 1 showed as a FU. Thinking that can't be right, I checked the app and it also shows as a FU with 1.5% rewards.

I sent a SM asking whats up because I didn't ask for a PC. I got a generic message back saying it was now a FU. I haven't called yet but will.

The other OG Freedom is still a Freedom.

Message 36 of 59
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Yankee2 wrote:

What is the Chase OG Freedom? 

I can see why they would want to change those "old platforms" to something that they are currently supporting, but what doesn't make sense is why wouldn't they auto PC to the newest Freedom? (Flex)

It doesn't make sense to me why it would be the CFU..... But I don't know what the OG Freedom is either...Smiley Happy

As I understand it, OG is slang for Original Gangster, or Original Gangsta.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 37 of 59
djb1986

Screenshot_20211124-091158_Gmail.jpg

Finally some clarification 

Message 38 of 59
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Chase playing dirty. 

Once my new CFF arrives and it's activated, I'll attempt to PC existing OG Freedom to CFF. 

I wanted two Freedoms, not Freedom and Tiny Freedom. 

Message 39 of 59
sterl1002
Valued Member

I too was PC'd this morning. I'm going to miss my OG freedom. My first prime card circa 2008. :-( 

Message 40 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.