Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto PC'ing Freedom OG to Unlimited

tag
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase auto PC'ing Freedom OG to Unlimited

My OG Freedom remains unchanged thus far - will be monitoring this thread, however.

Message 51 of 59
jojo79
Regular Contributor

I just got auto PC from CF to CFU as well... honestly I haven't used this card in months (just the occassional charge to be 'active').

I've had CF and CSP since 2014 and added Amazon last month

We're upgrading your Freedom card to Freedom Unlimited to bring you more ways to earn unlimited cash back—no rotating quarterly categories and no activation required. Your upgrade will happen automatically.

Get ready to earn unlimited cash back in these categories, starting Dec. 1, 2021:*

5%
on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
3%
on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
3%
on drugstore purchases
1.5%
on all other purchases

All with no annual fee.

Message 52 of 59
jojo79
Regular Contributor

I just got auto PC this week from CF to CFU as well. I haven't regularly used my CF in months, just the occassional charge once in a while to keep it active.

CB Offers on CFU:

5% on Travel throught Ultimate Rewards

3% on Dining, including takeout and eligible delivery services

3% on Drugstore purchcases

1.5% on all other purchese

I've had CF & CSP since 2014 and just added Amazon Visa in recent week, for DP's

Message 53 of 59
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

I called Chase customer service and they did in-fact confirm that the Visa Signature Freedom card will be forced into a product change, and that they're currently rolling out the forced product changes in batches.

Message 54 of 59
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@PNW_Hunter wrote:

I called Chase customer service and they did in-fact confirm that the Visa Signature Freedom card will be forced into a product change, and that they're currently rolling out the forced product changes in batches.

Did they mention anything about killing off the OG Freedom once the batches of PC's reach their eventual end? Hoping they keep the option of PC'ing back when involuntary changes are made.

Message 55 of 59
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@PNW_Hunter wrote:

Did they mention anything about killing off the OG Freedom once the batches of PC's reach their eventual end? Hoping they keep the option of PC'ing back when involuntary changes are made.

I did not specifically ask if we could product change back after the forced change - would be a good thing to figure out!

Message 56 of 59
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Just called Chase and asked about the forced PC's and the CSR insisted there is nothing indicating that my "OG" Freedom will be PC'd in the future? scratch.gif

I told her to leave everything as is for now.

(BTW, they answered amazingly fast for this being a heavy shopping day!)

Message 57 of 59
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

For those of you being forced into the "upgrade," would you mind adding datapoints?

*Did the change come at your account's cycle date?

*Usage over the past year

Thanks!

Someone up thread mentioned that his Freedom was PC to Unlimited but was able to change to back. So there is that. 

Message 58 of 59
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@djb1986Have your wife's OG Freedom(s) been safe so far?

Has anyone else had a forced product change? No bueno! I like my OG Freedom as is, thank you very much. 

It seems there are conflicting reports on whether Chase will be getting rid of this version.

Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.