Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase backdoor success- SP

tag
7coxandkings7
New Visitor

Chase backdoor success- SP

Sharing this experience as a "giving back" to this forum Smiley Happy

I dont remember which backdoor number I called Smiley Sad but you can find that out easily from one of the posts here, I also got it from here only.

HERE IS THE CONVO:

LO: Chase consumer lending, how may I help you?

Me: Hi, I applied for your sapphire preferred card today and it said something to the effect the decision is under review for 30 days. I just wanted to follow up and see where it stands?

Checks for the SSN, name etc.

LO: Hey, I checked your application and it shows me that it stands denied.

Me: Oh really, why? ( sounding really surprised as if I have 790 Credit score)

LO: You have a very thin file, meaning you dont have many lines of credit active. ( I only had a C1 plat secured for 6 months - 300 USD Limit and an Amex PLatinum I got a week before, he mentioned he saw only the C1 on my report ) But I see that you are on the right track so keep doing what you are doing. The sapphire preferred is the best credit plan we have for prime customers.

Me: Well, thats the reason why I applied because I dont wanna stack up a lot credit lines. (Brag about how saphirre preferred has the benefits you need travel points etc.). I want this card because it offers me the best benefits that suit my needs at this point. Besides , I also have a AMEX platinum since last month in addition to the one credit line you mentioned.

LO: Checks and verifies that he sees the Amex platinum on my file.  Then says that - I think you need to wait another six months with these two lines and then we can do another review to see how it goes.

Me: Oh Really (sounding a little sad )  Smiley Sad
  • You know I have a long history of banking with you. Nearly all my savings are at chase and I have really come to appreciate the services you provide. 
  • I am trying to build my credit profile since I am planning to get some mortgages and car loans in the near future which in fact I also plan to get through Chase.
  • I am sure you can see i direct deposit every single pay check with you guys. 
 Is there anything you can do?

LO: OK let me check.  ( Checks my accounts ) . Yeah, I see you have a strong depository relationship with chase. That is one of the things we do look at when making a decision. Let me check a few more things and talk to my supervisor.

Puts me on hold.

LO: Hi , I need to ask you some questions about your income. Reads out the privacy disclosure terms to me. What is you total income gross? (I tell him x grand) Is there any other source of income besides this? ( Me: No Sir)

Sorry xxxx, I dont think I can go forward with this application.

Me: Sounding borderline pissed now like "bit$$ give me that card".  Smiley Mad Well you know I am a consultant and my annual income varies from year to year. Sometime it can go as high as x grand depending on the project. Can you really help me out, i need to make airline ticket purchases this weekend and this would be a great help!!

LO: Ok let me let me review this again Mr xxx ( puts me on hold). OK Mr xxxxx, I think I can go ahead and give you an approval on this one for $xxxx credit line. Congratulations!

Forwards me to a customer service agent and she welcomes me to "sapphire preferred family" and  asks me a few questions and details further steps etc.

I thinks what helped even though I have a thin file is that - My depository relationship with chase, the fact that I told him i want to get car loans and home mortgages from chase in the future, and you sort of need to prove him that you can pay the annual fees.

Also, This card is built hella sexy. Metal sandwiched in plastic on either side I think. Everyone look  and goes "NIce Card !"   Smiley Happy

To see victory only when it is within the ken of the common herd is not the acme of excellence ~ Sun Tzu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX: 726 (04/13) Status: Gardening
Objective: Happy with the prime plastic I have. Just raise the credit score now.
C1 : Plat Secured | AmEx: Platinum | Chase : Sapphire Preferred

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase backdoor success- SP

Congratz, and that's called consistent. I got denied three times and everytime I recon they told me I had a thin profile and I just said ok I'll wait. Got to stay consistent on my next try, well lets hope it's a instant approval...

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 2 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on an excellent way to recon!

Well done!
Message 3 of 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@7coxandkings7 wrote:

Sharing this experience as a "giving back" to this forum Smiley Happy

I dont remember which backdoor number I called Smiley Sad but you can find that out easily from one of the posts here, I also got it from here only.

HERE IS THE CONVO:

LO: Chase consumer lending, how may I help you?

Me: Hi, I applied for your sapphire preferred card today and it said something to the effect the decision is under review for 30 days. I just wanted to follow up and see where it stands?

Checks for the SSN, name etc.

LO: Hey, I checked your application and it shows me that it stands denied.

Me: Oh really, why? ( sounding really surprised as if I have 790 Credit score)

LO: You have a very thin file, meaning you dont have many lines of credit active. ( I only had a C1 plat secured for 6 months - 300 USD Limit and an Amex PLatinum I got a week before, he mentioned he saw only the C1 on my report ) But I see that you are on the right track so keep doing what you are doing. The sapphire preferred is the best credit plan we have for prime customers.

Me: Well, thats the reason why I applied because I dont wanna stack up a lot credit lines. (Brag about how saphirre preferred has the benefits you need travel points etc.). I want this card because it offers me the best benefits that suit my needs at this point. Besides , I also have a AMEX platinum since last month in addition to the one credit line you mentioned.

LO: Checks and verifies that he sees the Amex platinum on my file.  Then says that - I think you need to wait another six months with these two lines and then we can do another review to see how it goes.

Me: Oh Really (sounding a little sad )  Smiley Sad
  • You know I have a long history of banking with you. Nearly all my savings are at chase and I have really come to appreciate the services you provide. 
  • I am trying to build my credit profile since I am planning to get some mortgages and car loans in the near future which in fact I also plan to get through Chase.
  • I am sure you can see i direct deposit every single pay check with you guys. 
 Is there anything you can do?

LO: OK let me check.  ( Checks my accounts ) . Yeah, I see you have a strong depository relationship with chase. That is one of the things we do look at when making a decision. Let me check a few more things and talk to my supervisor.

Puts me on hold.

LO: Hi , I need to ask you some questions about your income. Reads out the privacy disclosure terms to me. What is you total income gross? (I tell him x grand) Is there any other source of income besides this? ( Me: No Sir)

Sorry xxxx, I dont think I can go forward with this application.

Me: Sounding borderline pissed now like "bit$$ give me that card".  Smiley Mad Well you know I am a consultant and my annual income varies from year to year. Sometime it can go as high as x grand depending on the project. Can you really help me out, i need to make airline ticket purchases this weekend and this would be a great help!!

LO: Ok let me let me review this again Mr xxx ( puts me on hold). OK Mr xxxxx, I think I can go ahead and give you an approval on this one for $xxxx credit line. Congratulations!

Forwards me to a customer service agent and she welcomes me to "sapphire preferred family" and  asks me a few questions and details further steps etc.

I thinks what helped even though I have a thin file is that - My depository relationship with chase, the fact that I told him i want to get car loans and home mortgages from chase in the future, and you sort of need to prove him that you can pay the annual fees.

Also, This card is built hella sexy. Metal sandwiched in plastic on either side I think. Everyone look  and goes "NIce Card !"   Smiley Happy

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

Persistance pays off!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
Express
Frequent Contributor

Welcome and Very Nice!  Smiley Very Happy

CL $408,200
Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Credit Line??!

Message 7 of 10
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Good job and great way to get what you want.

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 8 of 10
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Well played sir. 

CSP is da king imo when it comes to travel.  I got mine in April and am approaching 100K UR points already. lol 

I am hitting them for a CLI after I have had it six months and once our fourth or so cruise posts through it..  hehe

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and a big congrats for give me that card because i'm not giving up until you doSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.