Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase bank - The relationship bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase bank - The relationship bank

Hello all! 

I wanted to share a story about chase bank and how I believe it is heavily a relationship based bank. I have had their checking account for students since I was 16 before the college checking account and now total checking without ever having a chase card. In college I rarely had $200 in my chase account (used as a secondary bank to my TCF bank account). However, after college I switched everything to them and had some regular cash flow going through my account and started saving very quickly ($15,000 in a year). Once I hit the $10k mark last year in savings I got prequalified offers for a chase fu freedom and slate. I applied for fu after opening 3 different cards in the past 6 months and had current Ficos sub 600! They approved me for the fu at a $500 limit. Not anything crazy but it felt good to get a premium card especially with my scores. Then a month later I had another pre qual for a freedom so I figured why not and applied and instant approved $1500 even over 5/24! Again having 595 FICO being pulled. And then one month later chase hit me with a $500 acli on my chase fu to bring it up to $1000. Scores in those 3 months ranged from 575-610. I don't know if it was luck or if chase truly cared about my relationship but they definitely helped accelerate my credit journey. I was 6/24 at my first approval AAoA 2 years 5 months with 4 unpaid collections and a 30 day late auto payment same month they approved me. (All of these items are off my report now! ) just wanted to share my story

50 REPLIES 50
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase bank - The relationship bank

Well done ...Congratulations!

Message 2 of 51
blindambition
Senior Contributor

They are very relationship focused. My first savings opened when I was 16 in NY, 30 years later I have same account on west coast. They reward loyalty, but can be one of the more conservative banks.

Congrats on your flourishing relationship and success.

Message 3 of 51
sccredit
Valued Contributor

We have most of our primary accounts (checking, savings, business checking and our kids basic savings accounts) with Chase and they LOVE DW.  She gets emails and mailings almost weekly asing her to update income information for a CLI on her CSP.  It's already at $40,700 along with a $20k Marriott card.  So yes, they are definitely relationship focused.  

Message 4 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your experience is a good lesson for all!

Message 5 of 51
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thank you for sharing your story.
Message 6 of 51
EverForward
Established Contributor

Thank you for sharing your experieince with Chase.  I used to have 2 Chase cards.  Never actually used them for checking or other FI functions, but they do sound like a great bank.

Message 7 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Chase card successes.

Message 8 of 51
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your experience. I, too bank with Chase and have noticed they are very relationship based.

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.