Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase blacklist?

tag
Stoneheavy
Established Member

Chase blacklist?

I buurned Chase Freedom card back in 2008 for about 2K.  How long is their blacklist?  I want to get on of their cards for a balance transfer.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Re: Chase blacklist?

I burned them around that same time and got a Chase Freedom card last August.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are quite a few other 0% offers from other banks. Why does it have to be with Chase?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You sound like me! I burned them in appx. 2004, well, no I got the card in 2004, so I would say I burned them in 2006 for the same $2K. The sad part is they took the L on the money, but I ended up paying the collection agency in 2008. My report is clean now, and  I haven't gotten a Chase card yet, but I do want the Freedom. In 2017 I also want the CSP since they are awesome together. I am gardening now, but I plan on applying for the Freedom in November.  I checked Chase's pre-qual site and that is the only offer there that comes up for me, however,  I have a little work to do with utilzation so my scores are in the low 7's across the board so I would rather wait to get the optimal rate and hopefully a nice SL.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Captain Bananas, I don't know about the OP, but for me the 5% categories are right in line with my kind of spending, plus, I plan on getting the CSP which would make it the dynamic duo for UR points!

@Anonymous wrote:

There are quite a few other 0% offers from other banks. Why does it have to be with Chase?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The length of the blacklist varies from person to person and profile to profile. The only way to find out for sure is to apply.

Message 6 of 9
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

I had two COs with them in 2007. Applied for CSP last year and was still on blacklist. Called for Recon and got it pushed through. Applied for Disney Premier Visa with them yesterday, called for recon again and they asked about the COs again but still approved me.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned them in 2008 as well. Last year I apped and was approved for the United Explorer Signature Visa card with a 15k credit limit. I was amazed and happy.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Astrangerwcandy, if I get blacklisted I will certainly recon. I've had my checking account with them since I was a teen, I had a car note that I PIF with excellent payments, and my inheritance Trust is with J.P. Morgan for the next 10 years- they better give me something darnit! Smiley LOL

@astrangerwcandy wrote:

I had two COs with them in 2007. Applied for CSP last year and was still on blacklist. Called for Recon and got it pushed through. Applied for Disney Premier Visa with them yesterday, called for recon again and they asked about the COs again but still approved me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.