Did you mean: 

Chase cards are now contactless

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Chase cards are now contactless

@Anonymous wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:
It shouldn’t have no effect! Amex offers this feature on their metal cards.

I hear it only works if you tap one of the sides though. Might be something that has to be explained to people especially when contactless cards become more common.

I have a contactless metal Platinum. The card is a little lighter but the contactless works well. As I hold the card naturally as a right-handed person, the blue square on the back is closest to the reader.

Cobrands have the same metal/contactless features as the proprietary.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 136
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I used my contactless Capital One Savor for the first time a few weeks ago... it surprised the guy at the register.  They had a sign for Apple Pay so I knew it should work... and it did.

I have to say, I like it.  Much faster than dealing with the chip, and I don't have to fumble with Samsung Pay.

I look forward to the feature taking off with more merchants.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 136
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Lol, that was a pretty strange way to pronounce "contactless", and he said it so many times! Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 136
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

what not make it pin selectable and all it a day, had too much to drink but i am meh, still have to sign at every restaurant in europe.  if this is also a feature then I am sans-meh lol

Message 14 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

what not make it pin selectable and all it a day, had too much to drink but i am meh, still have to sign at every restaurant in europe.  if this is also a feature then I am sans-meh lol

Don't need to sign under a certain amount. £30 in the UK, not sure about elsewhere in Europe.

Message 15 of 136
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Don't need to sign under a certain amount. £30 in the UK, not sure about elsewhere in Europe.

france, spain & portugal nearly 99.9% of the time over close to 6 weeks, amount did not matter.  failed at a few toll booths and fuel stops

Message 16 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

france, spain & portugal nearly 99.9% of the time over close to 6 weeks, amount did not matter.  failed at a few toll booths and fuel stops

I probably should have clarified that those limits are if you use contactless, not if you insert your card.

Message 17 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. I wish the two I got in June had been contactless. So soon to request new ones.

Message 18 of 136
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

I probably should have clarified that those limits are if you use contactless, not if you insert your card.

are the card readers the waiters bring to the table contactless?  all the places seem to use rechargeable portable readers no matter how fancy the establishment.  I forget, why are we so backwards in this area? 

Message 19 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

are the card readers the waiters bring to the table contactless?  all the places seem to use rechargeable portable readers no matter how fancy the establishment.  I forget, why are we so backwards in this area? 

In my experience in the UK they do. I expect basically every merchant in Europe to support contactless eventually as Visa/MC are mandating it.

Message 20 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.