Did you mean: 

Chase cards are now contactless

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Chase cards are now contactless

@CramEiko wrote:

Incase you missed it under FAQ - Chase webpage

- How do I get a contactless Chase Visa® credit card?

- We’ll begin issuing contactless cards in 2018.  Here is when they will be available;

December 2018

AARP Credit Card from Chase

British Airways Visa Signature® Card

Chase Freedom® Credit Card

Chase Freedom Unlimited® Credit Card

Chase Slate® Credit Card

The World of Hyatt Credit Card

Starbucks Rewards™ Visa® Card

UnitedSM Explorer Card

UnitedSM TravelBank Card

UnitedSM MileagePlus® Card

UnitedSM MileagePlus® Club Card

UnitedSM MileagePlus® Explorer Business Card

Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card

Disney® Premier Visa® Card

Disney® Visa® Card

Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card

Ink Business CashSM Credit Card

Ink Business PreferredSM Credit Card

Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card

Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card

Chase Sapphire Preferred® Credit Card

Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card

Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card

Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card

Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card

Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card

Ok, then I will delay my app for the new World of Hyatt card until a few days into December Smiley Happy

The CSR Upgrade would need to be in January or later anyway, so looking forward to that one as well.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 51 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their FAQ was updated to indicate that Freedom and Freedom Unlimited are now available. Just called in to request replacements. Cat Very Happy

Message 52 of 136
j615
Regular Contributor

Anyone get their Freedom Unlimited replacement or new card with contactless yet? Also, if so, did it come with the new refreshed card design?
Message 53 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@j615 wrote:
Anyone get their Freedom Unlimited replacement or new card with contactless yet? Also, if so, did it come with the new refreshed card design?

Not yet. I suspect it'll be longer than usual due to the holidays.

Message 54 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@j615 wrote:

I called in about 3 days ago and the rep told me the contactless cards AND new card design will be availavle starting December 11th. I asked if I would get a contactless card if I ordered a replacement right now and they said no, it won't be available on their systems until the 11th. Anyone hear otherwise?

Message 55 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@j615 wrote:

I called in about 3 days ago and the rep told me the contactless cards AND new card design will be availavle starting December 11th. I asked if I would get a contactless card if I ordered a replacement right now and they said no, it won't be available on their systems until the 11th. Anyone hear otherwise?

Hopefully I'll be able to confirm either way tonight. Informed Delivery shows a couple of envelopes from the same Ohio city where Chase normally sends cards from.

For what it's worth, whatever the CS person told you directly contradicts the website claiming that Freedom/FU are available in contactless right now.

Message 56 of 136
sjt
Senior Contributor

I was told by Chase that they will send you a email when they send out the new cards.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 57 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turns out that those cards were indeed contacless after all. From the mailing I received:

IMG_20181207_171228.jpg

The contactless symbol is only on the back for both Freedom and FU. The cards are also still embossed. I'll use my NFC reader to see what kinds of features they support (e.g. whether Chase are programming them so they would be good for places like the London Underground).

Message 58 of 136
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@j615 wrote:

Yes, it's the new design, with everything at the top left corner of the card. The chip is also smaller.

Message 59 of 136
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Called in this afternoon to get a contactless United Club card, was ordered and told I'll have it in 1-2 business days.

Within 20 minutes I had an email confirmation that the replacement is being processed and I will in fact have it in 1-2 business days.

The CSR saw that I also have a Sapphire Reserve and doublechecked without my asking, confirming that the contactless version can't be ordered yet.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 60 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.