Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cards are now contactless

tag
j615
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase cards are now contactless

@mxp114 Thank you. Going to request a replacement for myself. I love using the contactless option on my Amex card.
Message 61 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Turns out that those cards were indeed contacless after all. From the mailing I received:

IMG_20181207_171228.jpg

The contactless symbol is only on the back for both Freedom and FU. The cards are also still embossed. I'll use my NFC reader to see what kinds of features they support (e.g. whether Chase are programming them so they would be good for places like the London Underground).

Can you verify you received the new design? I want to order one but not sure if I want to unless I also get the new design. 

Message 62 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Turns out that those cards were indeed contacless after all. From the mailing I received:

IMG_20181207_171228.jpg

The contactless symbol is only on the back for both Freedom and FU. The cards are also still embossed. I'll use my NFC reader to see what kinds of features they support (e.g. whether Chase are programming them so they would be good for places like the London Underground).

Can you verify you received the new design? I want to order one but not sure if I want to unless I also get the new design. 

Yep, Chase logo (without "Chase" text) along with "Freedom"/"Freedom Unlimited" next to it.

Message 63 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fun fact: if you tap a Chase contactless card at Sprouts, it actually says "Chase Visa" on the receipt. Cat Very Happy I knew that it did that when inserting, but I didn't expect that it'd extend to contactless too. Though I guess it's probably not a surprise that it does. 

Message 64 of 136
sjt
Senior Contributor

Actually it gives the name of all card issuers whether you use contactless or not.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 65 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:
Actually it gives the name of all card issuers whether you use contactless or not.

Depends on the card. Outside of AmEx/Discover I only remember seeing custom names on Chase and Venmo cards; the rest of the ones I have seem to just say Visa or MC Credit. (And it definitely only shows the latter when using Apple/Google Pay.)

Message 66 of 136
j615
Regular Contributor

Received my Freedom Unlimited replacement today. Card has contactless added along with the new design and a smaller chip.
Message 67 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@j615 wrote:
Received my Freedom Unlimited replacement today. Card has contactless added along with the new design and a smaller chip.

Is the number still raised in the front, or laser-etched on the backside?

Message 68 of 136
j615
Regular Contributor

@netthier Old fashion raised.
Message 69 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@j615 wrote:

Is the number still raised in the front, or laser-etched on the backside?

same question. I hope its not raised. Taking up too much space.

Message 70 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.