tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: CSP Contactless Replacement

@UncleB wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Gunnerboy wrote:

Thanks everyone.

I sent an SM earlier today, and the response was basically, don't worry the upgraded card will automatically be sent.  Doesn't sound like I expedited the process by reaching out to them.

You could try calling. I got a contactless CSR replacement in March by calling.

Assuming you don't need the card immediately and don't mind updating websites that have it memorized, you might consider reporting it as lost. I doubt it will be necessary, though. One call should be sufficient. There's also no guarantee the replacement with the new number would actually be contactless.

I wouldn't even say lost, just tell them the card is worn... they'll get you a new one with the same number sent right out. Smiley Wink

Good idea.

The plastic does tend to separate from the metal over time, which may give the sandwich design a shorter lifetime than some plastic cards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 131 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase sent me a contactless card and I didnt even request it yet

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if the Disney Debits are contactless as well?

There's no official word on contactless debit cards, standard or Disney.

Message 132 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it's been mentioned (only read first couple pages and some later posts of thia thread), but for those who like contactless cards, I'd suggest/advise you to upgrade your wallet/card holders.
Very easy to have someone read & store your card info when "accidentially" bumping into you.
Message 133 of 136
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure if it's been mentioned (only read first couple pages and some later posts of thia thread), but for those who like contactless cards, I'd suggest/advise you to upgrade your wallet/card holders.
Very easy to have someone read & store your card info when "accidentially" bumping into you.

I don’t worry about that because if they fraudulently charge my account, I’m not liable. Not to mention, the odds of that happening are so slim. 

Message 134 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kerplunk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don’t worry about that because if they fraudulently charge my account, I’m not liable. Not to mention, the odds of that happening are so slim. 

Yep. The way I look at it, if fraud via wireless reading of contactless cards was more of an issue than magstripe cloning was/is, banks wouldn't ever bother with them.

Message 135 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course, we're not liable for fraudulent charges. But it'd be a headache I'd rather not deal with. I've read people saying their card info was compromised, didn't realize the charges happening then see their auto-pay pay a huge amount, leaving them waiting for their money to be returned, or no auto-pay and then having to deal with getting their reports cleaned up.

I think the extra $10 for a wallet that can prevent that is worth the peace of mind.
Since contactless cards are a new thing, it probably isn't the most targeted thing. Everybody has a card with a strip, so that's a larger net to cast. But as contactless cards become more common place, I would have to imagine it'll be more common to target cards this way. See someone at a mall in a nice area. Watch where they place their wallet. Follow into store. Bump into at narrow aisle. Done.

I dunno. Just a heads up. I've gotten a few compliments on my sleek card holder. "Thanks. I don't like to carry cash & deal with change and this was only $9."
I may dress like I'm homeless most of the time, but I can be stylish at times. Smiley Very Happy
Message 136 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.