Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cards are now contactless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase cards are now contactless

Seen on another forum today: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/contactless

Might try to call them up and see about getting my cards swapped out (CSR, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited). Weirdly, I can't find where on their website this is linked from so I guess YMMV if anyone tries to call in.

Message 1 of 136
135 REPLIES 135
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase cards are now contactless

Great find... thanks for the heads-up!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 136
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Nice to see that more lenders are at least offering contactless cards.  I'm not sure how it is around the rest of the country or even the world for that matter but here locally, most places that accept NFC now also accepts Apple/Samsung pay which is just as quick if not quicker in the sense that you don't have to fish for your wallet.  

Personally, I pay more with my Apple Watch now than I ever did.  But still...nice to see the option available for those who wish to have contactless.

Message 3 of 136
L-TWT
Established Contributor

I knew it would only be a matter of time before Chase rolled out this feature, being that now > 75% of all their banks have installed the tap&pay feature on their ATM’s and for bank entry. I will call them up tomorrow to see if I can add tap&pay on my CSR.

Message 4 of 136
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I wonder how this will affect their metal cards.

Also, the way "contactless" was pronounced in the video bothers me for some reason.

Message 5 of 136
L-TWT
Established Contributor

It shouldn’t have no effect! Amex offers this feature on their metal cards.

Message 6 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@L-TWT wrote:
It shouldn’t have no effect! Amex offers this feature on their metal cards.

I hear it only works if you tap one of the sides though. Might be something that has to be explained to people especially when contactless cards become more common.

Message 7 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Seen on another forum today: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/contactless

Might try to call them up and see about getting my cards swapped out (CSR, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited). Weirdly, I can't find where on their website this is linked from so I guess YMMV if anyone tries to call in.

Good find.

Altough I'm probably too old school, never used this feature on AMEX cards (or actually paid attention to see which places accepts it) and I'm trying to get them to ship me a non-contactless one for the smaller chip (doesn't matter for Chase as their cards have the bigger chip regardless) and better make.

Message 8 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good find.

Altough I'm probably too old school, never used this feature on AMEX cards (or actually paid attention to see which places accepts it) and I'm trying to get them to ship me a non-contactless one for the smaller chip (doesn't matter for Chase as their cards have the bigger chip regardless) and better make.

Should be the same places that accept Apple and Google Pay, in theory anyway. Cat Very Happy

Message 9 of 136
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with Chase (the Sapphire Reserve line) and the person I talked to claimed November 15th availability for Sapphire and Freedom but couldn't 100% confirm. She was also saying something about an email or letter going out. I'll check back with them later this month.

Message 10 of 136
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.