cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cards are now contactless

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Senior Contributor

Re: CSP Contactless Replacement

@UncleB wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Gunnerboy wrote:

Thanks everyone.

I sent an SM earlier today, and the response was basically, don't worry the upgraded card will automatically be sent.  Doesn't sound like I expedited the process by reaching out to them.

You could try calling. I got a contactless CSR replacement in March by calling.

Assuming you don't need the card immediately and don't mind updating websites that have it memorized, you might consider reporting it as lost. I doubt it will be necessary, though. One call should be sufficient. There's also no guarantee the replacement with the new number would actually be contactless.

I wouldn't even say lost, just tell them the card is worn... they'll get you a new one with the same number sent right out. Smiley Wink

Good idea.

The plastic does tend to separate from the metal over time, which may give the sandwich design a shorter lifetime than some plastic cards.

Most spend: CSR, CFU, BBP, Costco, BCP
Rewards/AAoA ballast: CF, Discover, ED, Arrival, Double Cash
Perks: Schwab Platinum, IHG49, Hyatt75, Brilliant, Delta Platinum, Aviator Red
Plan to close: Savor
Message 131 of 136
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase sent me a contactless card and I didnt even request it yet

@bambino444 wrote:

Does anyone know if the Disney Debits are contactless as well?

There's no official word on contactless debit cards, standard or Disney.

TU FICO 8: 767 (5/19) — Ex FICO 8: 764 (5/19) — Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer
Message 132 of 136
Contributor

Not sure if it's been mentioned (only read first couple pages and some later posts of thia thread), but for those who like contactless cards, I'd suggest/advise you to upgrade your wallet/card holders.
Very easy to have someone read & store your card info when "accidentially" bumping into you.
Message 133 of 136
Regular Contributor

@Rebuilt wrote:
Not sure if it's been mentioned (only read first couple pages and some later posts of thia thread), but for those who like contactless cards, I'd suggest/advise you to upgrade your wallet/card holders.
Very easy to have someone read & store your card info when "accidentially" bumping into you.

I don’t worry about that because if they fraudulently charge my account, I’m not liable. Not to mention, the odds of that happening are so slim. 

Stop trying to save a nickel; start trying to earn a dollar.
Message 134 of 136
Established Contributor

@kerplunk wrote:

@Rebuilt wrote:

I don’t worry about that because if they fraudulently charge my account, I’m not liable. Not to mention, the odds of that happening are so slim. 

Yep. The way I look at it, if fraud via wireless reading of contactless cards was more of an issue than magstripe cloning was/is, banks wouldn't ever bother with them.

Message 135 of 136
Contributor

Of course, we're not liable for fraudulent charges. But it'd be a headache I'd rather not deal with. I've read people saying their card info was compromised, didn't realize the charges happening then see their auto-pay pay a huge amount, leaving them waiting for their money to be returned, or no auto-pay and then having to deal with getting their reports cleaned up.

I think the extra $10 for a wallet that can prevent that is worth the peace of mind.
Since contactless cards are a new thing, it probably isn't the most targeted thing. Everybody has a card with a strip, so that's a larger net to cast. But as contactless cards become more common place, I would have to imagine it'll be more common to target cards this way. See someone at a mall in a nice area. Watch where they place their wallet. Follow into store. Bump into at narrow aisle. Done.

I dunno. Just a heads up. I've gotten a few compliments on my sleek card holder. "Thanks. I don't like to carry cash & deal with change and this was only $9."
I may dress like I'm homeless most of the time, but I can be stylish at times. Smiley Very Happy
Message 136 of 136