Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase cards in order of approval difficulty

Message 11 of 20
sobreezy
Contributor

@Olivetree

Is the bureau they use state specific? And would they use the same CR if doing a recon?  I recently applied and it looks as if they pulled EX (<--boo! It's the lowest of the 3), so I was just trying to get a small advantage (knowledge is power) as I wait for them to decide on my credit worthiness.

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

From reading around, it seems as if they pull all of the bureaus. It just depends on where you live. I reif'd my car and got the Freedom in January and both pulls were EX. I just got their Southwest card, but I have yet to see what they pulled. I'll update if I pull my reports soon.

On another note, I'm not sure if it would be wise to identify yourself as an employee of Chase in your posts on a forum. Just a heads up.

Message 13 of 20
anderl
Frequent Contributor

So since the Presidential Plus MC is considered a difficult Chase card to get-what score range is needed to get approved?
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt it's easier/harder than the onepass plus. I'm sure Chase would love everyone to have the PP given its higher AF.

Message 15 of 20
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I have the Continental OPP card and they wouldn't let me product change since it's World Elite and not World which is what the OPP is. PP is World Elite and they said has an even more difficult profile. The lady did say to me that those two cards are hard to get. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I question the accuracy of that CSR. If you qualify for the OPP but instead opt for the same credit limit on a PP, I doubt chase would turn down the higher AF for no additional exposure. 

Message 17 of 20
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Well I called again last night and another CSR said the same thing to me as I got the program changes for OPP to the new MileagePlus Explorer from United that will take effect on Jan 1. 

They said I cannot product change to the PP card again. This guy told me once again that it is a different class of card. So I don't know...It's not a big deal because I'm guessing that PP is probably going away. On United's site it seems that the MileagePlus Explorer is the only one now...

===========
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may have to do with not being able to change due to higher AF. Have you had your OPP for more than a year? Anyways, the PP is not going away, in fact they just released new "benefits" or downgrades however you want to see it. The new design will be released later. Still, it's a great value for united club membership for only 300.
Message 19 of 20
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

No, I haven't now that you mention it. I got it in November. Well, that is very well the case then...Why can't they just say that up front?

===========
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.