Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cards…

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Chase cards…

What is it about chase credit cards that people want them so bad? It seems the csp and freedom are the most wanted cards. Why is this?
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

Re: Chase cards…

They are Prime cards. Usually getting one means that you can consider your credit "OK!" or better.

At least, thats how I feel about them.

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 2 of 35
LesWH
Established Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:
What is it about chase credit cards that people want them so bad? It seems the csp and freedom are the most wanted cards. Why is this?

The ultimate rewards program is pretty good.  I have the old 10 &10 program and I get pretty good points with the Trifecta.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 3 of 35
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

Also love the 5x rotating categories on Freedom, and with CSP you can combine the 5x from Freedom, transfer them to CSP, then further maximize the rewards by transferring them to hotel/airline points!

Message 4 of 35
nickn86
Contributor

Ultimate Rewards is probably the best and most flexible points system out there right now.  High sign-up bonuses with low annual fees.  Probably gives the highest starting limits outside of credit unions.  A couple of their cards are metal (hey, people are superficial).

Sapphire/Ink/Freedom paired together can bring in a ridiculous amount of reward points.  I want all 3, but I'm gonna have to wait a while.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 5 of 35
kwinks
Regular Contributor

Also customer service is really great! I have never had one issue with them vs say Bank of America cash rewards which is a pain to pay every month because I can't do it online. 

Message 6 of 35
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Customer service is top notch.

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 7 of 35
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@kwinks wrote:

Also customer service is really great! I have never had one issue with them vs say Bank of America cash rewards which is a pain to pay every month because I can't do it online. 

I don't like boa any more their site is a pain in the *** I am getting rid of them as soon as I can....I am sticking with chase for every thing now

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 8 of 35
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@kwinks wrote:

i have no trouble paying BofA online
just curious - does your computer have a particular problem/issue with the BofA website?

i agree that chase has great customer service Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 35
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@afbar1114 wrote:

@kwinks wrote:

I don't like boa any more their site is a pain in the *** I am getting rid of them as soon as I can....I am sticking with chase for every thing now

You may want / need a diversity of lenders in the future.  Trying incredibly hard not to get on my soapbox, but I'd point out you may be disavantaging yourself by this approach of kicking every institution you dislike in the slighest to the curb... you can't approach relationships like that and expect to get much of anywhere, perfect does not exist.

I can pretty much guaruntee Chase will annoy you at some point in the future as well.

        
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.