cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cash advance limits decreased?

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase cash advance limits decreased?

My Freedom has been dropped to 260$ and Chase Amazon Prime dropped to $225

Both happened on the October Statement

-J

Message 61 of 67
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Interesting followup. I had a freedom that had the Cash advance line slashed to exactly 5% like many others. But my recently approved Unlimited has 20% cash advance line.   I think chase was cutting cash advance lines that were unused.   I would expect the same to happen to my unlimited down the road.

Message 62 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit12Fico wrote:

Interesting followup. I had a freedom that had the Cash advance line slashed to exactly 5% like many others. But my recently approved Unlimited has 20% cash advance line.   I think chase was cutting cash advance lines that were unused.   I would expect the same to happen to my unlimited down the road.

I wonder if the software that sets up new accounts hasn't been updated with the 5% instead of 20% for cash advance limits.  They may run a batch process to reset them periodically, so you may see the CA limit drop down the road.

In another thread where someone got a CLI, they reported their CA limit didn't increase as well.

Message 63 of 67
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

I wonder if the software that sets up new accounts hasn't been updated with the 5% instead of 20% for cash advance limits.  They may run a batch process to reset them periodically, so you may see the CA limit drop down the road.

In another thread where someone got a CLI, they reported their CA limit didn't increase as well.

I would be surprised if Chase hadn't updated this for new accounts as it's been a few months now. I know Chase has been doing all kinds of changes to their approval workflows on personal and business accounts like income verification, stricter underwriting etc. New accounts are in theory riskier than existing accounts with perfect payment history.  Would be an oversight if they left that for last.

Message 64 of 67
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Like others, my cash advance limit was knocked down from 20% to 5% of my total limit in October. When Chase surprised me with a CLI in December, my cash advance limit also increased, staying at 5% of the total limit.

Message 65 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit12Fico wrote:

I would be surprised if Chase hadn't updated this for new accounts as it's been a few months now. I know Chase has been doing all kinds of changes to their approval workflows on personal and business accounts like income verification, stricter underwriting etc. New accounts are in theory riskier than existing accounts with perfect payment history.  Would be an oversight if they left that for last.

Maybe they aren't aware of it.  It's not like someone's going to call them and tell them they got the wrong cash advance limit on their new account. Smiley Happy  The person that coded the 20% into the new account program probably no longer works there and no one knows about it yet.

Message 66 of 67
Drozzmo
Established Member

Ugh. Chase is a a bank I wouldn't do a cash advance at all with. I have had the Amazon Visa since it came out and it hasn't had a CLI or cash advance movement of any kind. Good eye to detail though I don't think I would have caught something like that.

Message 67 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.