Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase chances. Will 5/24 apply to my situation? Update 06/30

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase chances. Will 5/24 apply to my situation? Update 06/30

So here's the deal.  I have recently had a couple accounts get over 2 yrs old.  That leaves me with 4/24.  Awesome.  I think.

But here's the problem.   I applied for the penfed platinum card and was denied but approved on recon.  But they changed it to the promise card.   I called back and requested it be changed to the platinum card.   Problem is both showed up on my credit report.   The promise card showed as closed the day it reported.

If chase counts the promise card as well it will put me at 5/24.  

My question is do you guys think I can explain what happened and I'll get a pass.

All three cras around or over 800.  I want to apply for the Chase Ink Business card.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase chances. Will 5/24 apply to my situation?

Does 4/24 include the PenFed Platinum card?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm  at 4/24 with the open platinum but at 5/24 if they count the promise card that was mistakenly opened but closed before it ever reported and pc`d to the platinum.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can contact the credit bureau and dispute the "phantom" account decent chance they'll remove it from your report. May take a couple weeks to hear back on it but they removed a second inquiry that happened on my report erroneously.

Also maybe talk to penfed they may be able to have it removed from your report by initiating it with the bureau through their end.

Otherwise you'll likely be auto denied, but not necessarily, on 5/24 and then there'd be a pretty good shot for approval on reconsideration assuming the rest of your profile is up to par.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're going to be denied based on 5/24 since you technically have 5 accounts that were opened at some point in the last 2 years. Definitely contact the credit agencies and penfed and see if you can have the account removed.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I didn't plan this out very well and won't have time to go through the dispute process.
I figure I will be denied as well because of 5/24 But was figuring maybe I could be approved on recon.
I know one can tell me for sure, just wanting to get some insight on Chase recon to see if it's worth the effort.
Message 6 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I'd contact PenFed before contacting the CRAs. Give them the chance to be on your side. Working through the CRAs makes PenFed an adversary.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There have been reports that people got denied for being over 5/24 with AU cards but got around it through recon. So you probably have a decent chance of being accepted through recon especially given your strong credit profile.
Message 8 of 10
TaperRandy
Regular Contributor

Chase Ink Business is no easy catch. They want VG-Exc scores, and they pull TU exclusively 98% of the time. TU has always been tough on me. I own a small business, and applying for CIB intimidates me still. 😬

EQ: 759 ; EXP: 797 ; TU: 758
BOA Cash Rewards:$27,000 ; BOA Business Cash Rewards:$30,000 ; AMEX PLATINUM BUSINESS-Open; Amex Business Blue- $30,000; AMEX Everyday Preferred: $30,000; Venture One:$11,750 ; QuickSilver:$10,500 ; CFU: $6,000 ; Home Depot: $15,000 ; Lowe's: $25,000 ; AMEX Business Plum: Open ; Discover It: $13,500; Elan Financial; $14,500; Citi Diamond Preferred-$11,000; CitiBusiness AAdvantage; $7,000; SYNC Welcome Home-$25,000
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to app last Sunday.   I was autodenied for the Chase Ink.  Called recon and was told sole reason was becuase of too many accounts in the last 24 months.

I explained the situation and was basically told that they had to go by what the credit reports said and that I would have to call them to get it removed.  

Decided to push my luck and tried for the Marriot Business Card.   It was autodenied as well but when I called recon it was because of a past relationship and too much available credit.  

It took 2 more calls to recon dept but was able to get the Marriot approved for 5k  

I am gonna call back on 07/07 because then the accounts that are in question will be over 2 years old.

I'll post back with the results

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.