Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase changes to WAMU cards thread

tag
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Chase changes to WAMU cards thread

I thought it would be good to have a thread detailing all the changes happening to WAMU accounts since Chase is taking over.

Here's a few that I've come across so far:

• .25% raise in interest
  • no secured card program
  • no more double cycle billing
  • no more unlimited online transaction history access, after 3/09 transaction history online will limited to prior 3 months (download your transactions NOW!)

Anything else you come across feel free to post in this thread to help all of us transitioning to Chase from WAMU. Thanks and have a great day.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase changes to WAMU cards thread

The main reason I got this card is for the free FICO score, but it looks like that's going away.  From their website, after I log in (italics are by me, not by the site):

• Review your free FICO® credit score. We're evaluating ways to provide your FICO score through Chase Online because we know it's important to you. As of March 1, however, your free FICO score won't be displayed. Please consider accessing your credit score details for a fee through Chase Credit Builder.
Message 2 of 13
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Some other important info and dates (especially if you have to make a payment during the transition period!)

• Plan ahead. You won't have online access to your credit card account from March 4-8 while we move your account to Chase Online. If you want to make a payment online during that time, you'll need to log on before March 4 and schedule an advanced payment to help ensure your payment is received by the due date on your statement.
  •  

From March 4-8:

Access to your WaMu credit card information will be unavailable as we move your credit card account to Chase Online.

On or after March 9:

• Log on to Chase.com. You can use your WaMu User ID and Password to access your credit card account information unless we notify you otherwise. Note: The Chase Online Service Agreement will govern how you access your accounts on www.chase.com. If you're not already enrolled in Chase.com, you must accept this online agreement to complete your enrollment.
    Message 3 of 13
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

I got raised 1%.   Anyone know if reporting as a Chase card instead of WaMu will help score a little?   I heard that having a card from the big banks( Chase, BofA, Citi) is better for score than WaMu, Providian, Hooters, etc. 
    Message 4 of 13
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

I called WaMu because I was so worried I didn't make the transition from Providian/WaMu to Chase. I was informed that the letter was sent out three days ago (YAY!!!) and I asked whether our cards will be converted to a type of Chase card (ex. Chase Freedom) and the nice CSR said that it will be the same Providian/WaMu card just with the Chase logo on it... until it expires and will ultimately be replaced with a Chase card. I really want a Chase Freedom, and I know I will qualify for it.
    Message 5 of 13
    score_building
    Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
    I got raised 1%.   Anyone know if reporting as a Chase card instead of WaMu will help score a little?   I heard that having a card from the big banks( Chase, BofA, Citi) is better for score than WaMu, Providian, Hooters, etc. 

no.  there is a slight score advantage that major bank cards apparently have over CU cards. 

however, wamu cc changing to chase will not help score.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
    EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
    TU 08: Barclays, Discover
    Message 6 of 13
    leaf33
    Valued Member

Thank you for the info. I was wondering how the cards would change.
    Message 7 of 13
    MojaveMoon
    Established Contributor

Here's something that someone posted elsewhere:

Chase sent me a new terms & conditions pamphlet the other day for my old WaMu card. Aside from the jacking up of my APR (gee, thanks), there was a lovely little gem that stated that Wamu cardholders are not allowed to do balance transfers to any other type of Chase card.
    Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 01-17-2009 10:29 PM
    Message 8 of 13
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

@MojaveMoon wrote:

Here's something that someone posted elsewhere:

Chase sent me a new terms & conditions pamphlet the other day for my old WaMu card. Aside from the jacking up of my APR (gee, thanks), there was a lovely little gem that stated that Wamu cardholders are not allowed to do balance transfers to any other type of Chase card.
    Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 01-17-2009 10:29 PM

But isn't that standard with any card?  You can't do BT's from one BoA to another, or from one Citi to another, or from one Chase to another.  The card is now a Chase card, so it makes sense they wouldn't allow that.

Message 9 of 13
    smallfry
    Senior Contributor

Chase Credit Builder? LOL. So now they are pushing CIDP Lite only one report for $8 a month? LOL.
    Message 10 of 13
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.