Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closed my account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase closed my account

Q: I was approved for Disney and Freedom unlimited. Two days later, Chase closed freedom.

I called and person told me the second card was closed nevsuse, essentially, there was no credit report to go off of.

She said no chance Freedom can be reopened but I was welcome to re-apply at any time for it again.

So do I? If so, do I wait several months or just go for it?

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase closed account

@Hagrid
Are you saying Chase closed card because it was never used in the 2 days you had it or is this a typo?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, they closed it because both were applied for on same day and they basically said it was a mistake to approve both at once.
Just odd.
She said there won’t be any effect to CR because no report was actually used on the app.

She said card is def closed but I can reapply whenever.
Message 3 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@OP I created a separate thread for you cs in someone else thread to get more exposure and avoid confusing other people in the other thread.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks and sorry if I created any confusion!
Message 5 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, they closed it because both were applied for on same day and they basically said it was a mistake to approve both at once.
Just odd.
She said there won’t be any effect to CR because no report was actually used on the app.

She said card is def closed but I can reapply whenever.

OP, sorry this happened to you but it's not an "odd" thing 

Chase is one card per app. lender. Some people managed to squeeze two  cards gwith the same HP, but that's an exception 

Chase is sensitive to multiple apps for Chase cards in a short period of time. 

I would leave Freedom card alone, dont risk having both shut down.

You can always apply 6 months down the road. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that’s what I’m going to do. Was approved for 22k on Disney Visa and don’t want that shut down as we are planning a trip to Orlando in a year.

They did confirm that Disney was mailed out and that card is all set, so just going to leave it at that and reevaluate in 6-8 months.
Message 7 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Being approved for the 22K is a nice starting limit! Congrats. Yep, roll with that and leave the bear alone for now haha

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's a huge limit on the Disney card. I'd wait at least 30 days before app'ing for the Freedom card.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I thought so, too. I also have the Southwest card, which we’ve used on two trips. That was approved for 10k. Have had that for about a year I’d say.

I’d like the Freedom card but the horror stories of Chase just wiping out people’s credit cards has me way more inclined to just wait. No need to rush.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.