Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closing accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase closing accounts

Seeing some crazy account closings from the big banks today. Nuts. 

If if they were having a concern of income, why not simply hit him with POI or we are going to close your accounts message. To just close the accounts over something like this seems asinine. 

Message 31 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmm140 wrote:

If if they were having a concern of income, why not simply hit him with POI or we are going to close your accounts message. To just close the accounts over something like this seems asinine. 

What's interesting is a common thread I see in this thread as well as the BoA thread, as well as other reports of wholesale account closures from Synchrony, Comenity, etc.; that, in many though not all cases, the CL's involved are often quite big, eye-poppingly so sometimes. It really makes me start to wonder if there's such a thing as a credit line that is too big, and if maybe some people aren't courting trouble by pushing too hard and fast for CLI's and what not.

Message 32 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@rmm140 wrote:

What's interesting is a common thread I see in this thread as well as the BoA thread, as well as other reports of wholesale account closures from Synchrony, Comenity, etc.; that, in many though not all cases, the CL's involved are often quite big, eye-poppingly so sometimes. It really makes me start to wonder if there's such a thing as a credit line that is too big, and if maybe some people aren't courting trouble by pushing too hard and fast for CLI's and what not.

I agree with that. I don't really pay attention to the Synchrony and Comenity closures though as they've done that for quite some time which is why I'll never give those two my business. I expect more customer service and common sense out of banks like Chase and BOA though. The gentleman in the BOA thread has had a decade plus relationship with BOA so that one really baffles me. 

Message 33 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a positive note, I received a call from someone reviewing my account and said a decision will be made within two days if it's able to be reinstated. So, maybe the branch manager called after I left or something occurred. I'd be surprised if they change their minds but at least there's a little hope. Felt good to have that Ritz Carlton in my pocket Smiley Wink
Message 34 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
On a positive note, I received a call from someone reviewing my account and said a decision will be made within two days if it's able to be reinstated. So, maybe the branch manager called after I left or something occurred. I'd be surprised if they change their minds but at least there's a little hope. Felt good to have that Ritz Carlton in my pocket Smiley Wink

Did you offer that person your proof of income? Did the person offer up any useful information?

Message 35 of 117
sjt
Senior Contributor

Did they ask for proof of income? That would be the most common sense thing for them to do and would resolve the issue.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 36 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

He only asked my income over my phone. I asked if I could fax over pay stubs or my checking account with my CU and stated that isn't necessary. He seemed nice and said he was going to put a note stating he feels the closure was wrong.
Message 37 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good, so you're making progress. Personally, I'd have repeated my offer to send in documentary proof of income, but at least you got someone to listen to you and agree that Chase made an error.

Message 38 of 117
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

This is tax season. It's pretty easy to find out that your income is a little bit different than what you might have estimated even as close a few weeks back.

Message 39 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
He only asked my income over my phone. I asked if I could fax over pay stubs or my checking account with my CU and stated that isn't necessary. He seemed nice and said he was going to put a note stating he feels the closure was wrong.

This is good! Keep us updated on the outcome!!

Message 40 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.