Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit card Pre Qual Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase credit card Pre Qual Question

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 thanks for responding but i would rather hear from others because you come off very aggressive thats just my perception and i just asked it wasnt that deep so thanks but no thanks enjoy your day

@Anonymous,

Takeshi74 is just trying to help.  His post didn't seem aggresive to me.  Welcome to MyFico by the way.

Message 11 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 thanks for responding but i would rather hear from others because you come off very aggressive thats just my perception and i just asked it wasnt that deep so thanks but no thanks enjoy your day

@Anonymous,

Takeshi74 is just trying to help.  His post didn't seem aggresive to me.  Welcome to MyFico by the way.

I agree. he is trying to help. no way did he seem aggressive. how you get that from a sentence is ok. anyway. you can do your own prequal. just go to the pulls data base.

Type in the lender. Chase in this case. type in your state. whereever that is. and look at what people in your area was approved for with chase. and what their scores were. And compare your own scores with your peers. of course as others stated. nothing is guaranteed. but you would get a good idea about where you stand. if you saw a pre qual on Friday and not today. i doubt anything has changed that fast. unless you have some new inquiries and they did a new Sp on you. otherwise you should be good to go. Good luck.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most people agree that Chase pre-qualifiers are pretty solid. No you don't have to apply right then and there, but if you wait a day and your credit report has negatively changed and they happened to soft pull your credit report the next day, they might not make the same offer to you.

(p.s. - I understood what you meant by aggressive because I would have read it that way had it been to me, but I agree he was just trying to help and is helpful in general)

Message 14 of 16
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't mistake a thorough post for an aggresive one Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was checking my prequals a ridiculous number of times...Buiding up and then stopping for the mortgage process left me curious as to what cards I could get, and running the prequals gave me my "fix". Chase SP me 13x in february and 11x in march on EX. So perhaps that was how many times I ran the prequal. 6 or 7x in April. and probably every 2 weeks my offers would change (sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.) CSP would pop up when the Slate and Freedom were at the best interest rates, then go away and I would have slate and freedom at the worst terms. I found 0 correlation other than the better terms were at the beginningof the montharound midmonth I would get the crappy offers. After I closed on the house I immediately took a freedom offer on the middle terms (18.99%). Rate really doesnt matter, but the 13xx would have been nice.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.