Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit limit increase (CLI)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase credit limit increase (CLI)?

Hi everyone. Does anybody know how Chase's auto credit limit increase works? Not interested in inquiries like they do if one requests the CLI. I am just interested in knowing if they actually do auto CLI, and any info regarding that auto CLI. Thank you everybody!

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Chase credit limit increase (CLI)?

From my experience I got a nice auto CLI after my 4th month with them, but haven't seen any love since then and also like you, I dont want to take a HP for a denial or token increase.  My card is the Amazon Prime Rewards.  

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an auto CLI for my freedom unlimited, after I had used the card pretty frequently for several month.

Message 3 of 34
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Chase's auto CLI is a futile beast to understand or figure out. Some people have gotten it automatically, others have had to do an HP. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to them. Some that have gotten auto-luv from Chase reported using the cards a lot, some have used it very little. There really isn't much data on how to get a CLI and what needs to be done.

I would just use it generally as you are and go from there.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone. Does anybody know how Chase's auto credit limit increase works? Not interested in inquiries like they do if one requests the CLI. I am just interested in knowing if they actually do auto CLI, and any info regarding that auto CLI. Thank you everybody!

Generally, Chase will give one auto CLI within the first year of cardmembership. After the first year, the auto CLI's are extremely rare. For the best chance of an auto CLI with Chase after the first year of cardmembership, you should go online and update your annual salary and use your card regularly.

Note that banks/credit unions have to obtain updated annual income in order to consider their customers for a CLI per the CARD Act (some banks pay Experian and other companies for an income estimator to get around actually obtaining this information directly from you but most banks actually require that you update the income yourself). 

And as a side note about actually requesting a CLI (HP) from Chase. They are stingy. You'd be better off using that HP to open another Chase card and then combining the new limit to your old card (or vice versa). 

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

The key is patience, I have had my Freedom and Ink cash for 1 year and 4 months and nothing yet, I expect to see one within the next 5 years.
Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The key is patience, I have had my Freedom and Ink cash for 1 year and 4 months and nothing yet, I expect to see one within the next 5 years.

lmao

Message 7 of 34
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous

And as a side note about actually requesting a CLI (HP) from Chase. They are stingy. You'd be better off using that HP to open another Chase card and then combining the new limit to your old card (or vice versa). 

Great tip..  Will remember this when needed in the future as well.

Message 8 of 34
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I'm nearing my 3rd statement, hoping to get a little something
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 9 of 34
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The key is patience, I have had my Freedom and Ink cash for 1 year and 4 months and nothing yet, I don't expect to see one within the next 5 years.

Forgot a word there ye old man

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.