Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase credit limit increase (CLI)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase credit limit increase (CLI)?

@Anonymous wrote:

About 2 months ago I had a larger than normal expense week. I bought a qnap file server some networking gear and a couple hard drives. It was 1000 dollars, but I remembered that visa signature allows you to go over limit if you pay it all back same month. Once it was approved (I was shocked), I decided to try my luck and I ordered another, almost same setup for another client...I had almost 2000 dollars loaded on my 500 dollar card. Before the statement cut, I paid off the 2000 dollars in full minus maybe 100 bucks. The next month when I got my statement, I had a 1500 dollar limit.

That's pretty nifty... makes me feel better if I ever need to buy something that's more than my limit on Amazon... as long as I pay it off right away, I have no need for a higher limit.  Of course, watch it not work for me...

Message 31 of 34
Jeffhacker
New Contributor

it really is a bit confusing.  I have a United Airlines Visa, which i got just over a year ago; $5,000 initial limit.  Was in a Chase Branch about something else last week, and i asked about a limit increase - took about 1/2 a minute, to $10,000, but there was a hard pull (Experian).

Message 32 of 34
dunsplus
New Contributor

i had high balance on 2 chase cards freedom and sapphire i paid them off and kept 20% balance on them with some use very little in fact on sapphire and some use on freedom. after 3 month mark i got auto limit increase of 2k for sapphire and 2.5k increase on freedom.
i also have a third chase im trying to pay down but has 90% utilization and no credit limit increase on it. so it seems having low utilization is a key factor obviously and some usage
Message 33 of 34
JamP
Valued Contributor

I've had the AARP card for quite some years (4 or so years) $4500 sl.

Used it hard, used it soft, doesn't matter never an auto cli.

Gets used a few times a month and I love the 10% offers they give now.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.