Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase decreased CL (Any Suggestions?)

tag
tommiej7533
Valued Member

Chase decreased CL (Any Suggestions?)

I just received a notice from Chase saying they have lowered my CL from $10,500 to $6,300 with the following

primary reasons:

- Too Many open bankcards with high balances (No handle on the data they use to determine this)

- Too many active bankcard accounts ( No handle on the data used to determine this)

- Too few accounts paid as agreed compared to total accounts ( All accounts paid as agreed in last

four years)

Report pulled from Experian (TRW)

Any suggestions on how to proceed from hear or just consider its Chase and go elsewhere?

TU 734

EXPN 690

EQ 697

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase decreased CL (Any Suggestions?)

Just call the backdoor number and ask for your limit to be reinstated! they have opened and closed my acct... seems like whenever they have felt like  it! but when i call in they tell me im a great customer and they dont want to lose my buisness???? it was closed bc i had something negative showing on my report???? whatever!!! ive had this card for year! they always reopen so im thinking your limit maybe reinstated or wait a few months! GL 
Message 2 of 15
tommiej7533
Valued Member

Thnaks for your input . I will call the BD number and see what happens. I will let you know what happens!!
Message 3 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

Good luck getting reinstated.  I actually closed my card back months back.  I just didnt like the service and low credit limit.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP,

Is this a Chase card, or a WAMU carryover?

Message 5 of 15
tommiej7533
Valued Member

Its a WaMu carryover.
Message 6 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

CLD's seem to be on the Chase menu for August. Call that number and give 'em hell. Let us know what happens. Post back in this thread so I get notified.
Message 7 of 15
tommiej7533
Valued Member

I called the BD number spoke to a supervisor he would not reinstate my CL because I have to many other Bank

Cards with balances on them. Stated if I would get some of these cards paid off they would reconsider within

six months. My utilization is approxiamtely 30 per cent which I realize is to high. Will have 3 of the 5 bank card paid off by year end. Then we will go from there assuming Chase doesn't can cancel between now and then!

Message 8 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@tommiej7533 wrote:

I called the BD number spoke to a supervisor he would not reinstate my CL because I have to many other Bank

Cards with balances on them. Stated if I would get some of these cards paid off they would reconsider within

six months. My utilization is approxiamtely 30 per cent which I realize is to high. Will have 3 of the 5 bank card paid off by year end. Then we will go from there assuming Chase doesn't can cancel between now and then!

They mean what they say. Now you know what you need to do,

High UTIL has its price!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:
Good luck getting reinstated.  I actually closed my card back months back.  I just didnt like the service and low credit limit.

And you had no AF? Wow! And you haven't been attacked on the board for doing so? (Joke folks!) Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.