Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase denial

Just made a phone call to Chase to check status of my app for a Freedom card. I was told it was denied because of a previous bk on the report from 2003. Rep said that even though there are no negatives on the report since bk, they simply are not approving apps with a bk on file.

I guess I'm stuck with having to keep the stinking Juni card for a while longer......depressing

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase denial

Chase doesn't seem to be very BK friendly. If I recall correctly, they have a thing on their website saying none of these 3 things should apply to you, 1 of those being BK.

Sorry to hear about it OP. 

Message Edited by FretlessMayhem on 03-18-2009 09:21 AM
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase denial

Thanks for the kind words Smiley Happy

No biggie. A few things I've learned along the way as I've been trying to turn my financial life around:

1. I control my credit, not the other way around. It's my choice to be in debt or not, and if I choose to owe, I choose how much. I have the freedom and the ability to say no.

2. I determine my needs versus my wants. I have the ability to resist impulsive spending. I have the ability to save for want and when I've saved enough the "want" becomes my reward.

3. Frequently, the impulsive desires become less of a desire over a little bit of time which can result in the relief over not having purchased the item out of impulse to begin with.

4. I'm very greatful for what I have. A year ago I didn't have my own home--now I do. I'm in a position to be able to purchase a new vehicle by the end of summer. Even though I don't have the Freedom card, I do have a card with smaller rewards on it which is better than no opportunity to earn back at all.

ok.......I feel better now

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.