Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase doing double pulls now?

tag
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase doing double pulls now?

They pulled Experian and Equifax for me in January when I applied and was approved for the British Airways Visa and in October when I was approved (after recon) for the CSP.  I'd been getting a fair amount of new credit cards and I think my scores were around 720 at the time of approvals so maybe those were the reasons for the double pull. Not sure if they are doing that to everyone as a matter of practice.

Message 21 of 41
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

ohh boy! this discussion again! haha Smiley Very Happy

I said it in the previous thread about this and I'll say it again. If its convenient for you (and not expensive). Keep all your reports locked all the time, do a little research and only unlock the one you think they will pull to minimize your HP's across all your reports. If you end up having to recon and they said they want to see another report, by all means unlock the other one as well, but don't make it easy for them to ding your credit profile automatically.

Let the debate begin. haha

Lol....I am not usually on this board.....I'm mainly still on the rebuilding board.......newbie question...How do you know which CCC will pull which report in order to unlock the correct CRB?

Not sure I agree with the strategy (seems pointless waste of time and effort to me, inquiries aren't a big deal in the FICO model), but if you google for "credit pulls database" there's a most excellent online resource by lender.  Attempting to force a lender to use a specific bureau isn't ethical, and this middle ground is a little suspect too as a result.

But, but, that goes to, you know, *that* board!  Call a mod.   Seriously, that is probably the best resource.

Message 22 of 41
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@CreditHammer wrote:

@ztnjpv wrote:

I was reading around here the other day that Chase is starting to pull 2 bureau reports instead of just one. Any experience on this? Is this becoming common practice for all apps or are there specifics involving applicants?

I was thinking of applying for two chase cards and am not keen on a double pull. 

Usually any CCC wil pull twice if you are "borderline".. If they pull one report and think you barely qualify they may pull a second just to ensure there are no derogs and such.. If you think you are a borderline applicant, then wait until you think you're a lock for the card... You still may risk a double pull but at least you minimize your risk of a double pull by givign yourself the best possible chances..

I was double pulled (EX and TU) by Chase this week for a Marriott Visa. I don't think my scores are borderline, I just think this seems to be the new trend. I was instantly approved for 15.1k. I got my CSP and Freedom in June, 2012 about a week apart, and they only did one pull then (TU).

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 23 of 41
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

I was reading around here the other day that Chase is starting to pull 2 bureau reports instead of just one. Any experience on this? Is this becoming common practice for all apps or are there specifics involving applicants?

I was thinking of applying for two chase cards and am not keen on a double pull. 

It has been trending for about 2 months now EX & EQ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 24 of 41
Griselle
New Contributor

I had a pre-approval for the freedom and they pulled both EX and TU for me. Back in August 2012 when i got my first Chase card (slate) they pulled the same two. I'm in Texas. Both applications were instant approvals. 

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

In the garden until 06/2014!!
Message 25 of 41
rkinnahan
New Contributor

I just applied for the Sapphire Preferred and Freedom recently (same day).  How long does it take for an inquiry to pop up on your CR?  I have access to Amex's CMS.  I'm wondering if they 1) double pulled me and 2) used the same pull for both cards.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 26 of 41
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I just got instantly approved for the Marriott on Monday and till today they only pulled EX, i guess im in the clear now for a double pull. I was planning to apply for the CSP or Freedom tomorrow when i go in to the branch and open a business checking/savings to go along with my personal. Wonder if i apply will they double pull me this time? Is it too soon to apply for another signature card like the CSP or should i go for the Freedom to increase my approval chances. This is only my secon 5K card on my file so dont know if i am pushing my luck.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 27 of 41
culture
Regular Contributor

I got double pulled for a Freedom   Tu and EX .  04/13    I think my reason was a recent change of address

Message 28 of 41
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 29 of 41
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

ohh boy! this discussion again! haha Smiley Very Happy

I said it in the previous thread about this and I'll say it again. If its convenient for you (and not expensive). Keep all your reports locked all the time, do a little research and only unlock the one you think they will pull to minimize your HP's across all your reports. If you end up having to recon and they said they want to see another report, by all means unlock the other one as well, but don't make it easy for them to ding your credit profile automatically.

Let the debate begin. haha

Lol....I am not usually on this board.....I'm mainly still on the rebuilding board.......newbie question...How do you know which CCC will pull which report in order to unlock the correct CRB?

Not sure I agree with the strategy (seems pointless waste of time and effort to me, inquiries aren't a big deal in the FICO model), but if you google for "credit pulls database" there's a most excellent online resource by lender.  Attempting to force a lender to use a specific bureau isn't ethical, and this middle ground is a little suspect too as a result.

But, but, that goes to, you know, *that* board!  Call a mod.   Seriously, that is probably the best resource.

?????

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.