Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom Reporting CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase freedom Reporting CL

Jesedmotherof5 wrote:
Its a visa... but I just went through my cardholder agreement and it says Credit acess line... no pre set spending limit, Instead each carge is evaluated based on my spending and payment patterns..

There you go.  That is a Signature card.

Call them and tell them you'd like to do a product change to the non-Signature version.  They're usually very good about that.

Message 11 of 18
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

thanks chedder I dont know why they try to be so misleading...
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jesedmotherof5 wrote:
thanks chedder I dont know why they try to be so misleading...

I agree. There are just too many of us that this has happened to for it to be an honest mistake. Why are they doing this?
Message 13 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Betcha, betcha that they get a higher commission for Signature and World cards.

Keep calling, complaining, and requesting that they either report the card properly, so that at least your util isn't hurt, or convert the thing back to what it was supposed to be.

And what's with a card approved at $3K initially turning into a Signature? Sigs/Worlds are usually reserved for those who qualify for at least a $15K initial CL!

There must be one heck of an internal competition going on at Chase to see who can sign up the most people for these things. I don't understand the motivation otherwise.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Sigs/Worlds are usually reserved for those who qualify for at least a $15K initial CL!

$15K??  Really?  I thought the cutoff was $5K.

Message 15 of 18
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

well i just check it didnt really hurt mu UTI becasue I had 5 of the 8 acounts report 0% uti, but I plan on carring a balance on my wamu (that hasnt report) to build my scrapbooking biz for at least 6 months. So once that reports it may sting a bit! Im not going to be too concerend with it till about 6 months before I try to buy a house.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 16 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Sigs/Worlds are usually reserved for those who qualify for at least a $15K initial CL!
$15K?? Really? I thought the cutoff was $5K.

Now that I think about it, I was going by what I was told by BOFA. My bad! Still, though, you'd think that these would be higher-risk cards for the CCC's, and tougher to get at the lower CL's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

$15K?? Really? I thought the cutoff was $5K.

Now that I think about it, I was going by what I was told by BOFA. My bad! Still, though, you'd think that these would be higher-risk cards for the CCC's, and tougher to get at the lower CL's.

Heck no. Signature cards - or at least mine - has a high limit... and great perks. I stayed in a hotel (purchased on priceline. I gave my siggy card for incidentals and was upgraded to a suite.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.