cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom: ask for CLI or close and reapply?

tag
vn25
Valued Member

Re: Chase freedom: ask for CLI or close and reapply?

Hi guys, the discussion on this thread is exactly the internal debate I've been having...risk vs. reward...does a potentially higher CL from a new app justify the hit to AAoA (which is now almost 8 years which I'm very proud of!)...and also would it flag as suspicious.

A quick snapshot to help analyze my credit situation: personal income about 40k, CSP 9.1k limit, BCP 9k limit, freedom 1k limit. AU on another freedom with 13k limit and AU on Costco Amex with 25k limit. Also over a year into my first car lease.

I have some investments but those don't show up on CR so its moot.

FAKO scores high 700s low 800s, never a single baddie, ever.
Message 11 of 14
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Don't close your account! You might get a measly $500 credit limit.

I think you're likely to be overextended due to the fact that your total credit limits exceed your income. I would close the two AU accounts and then ask for a credit limit increase on the freedom card. 

Wait for others to chime in before taking my course of action.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 12 of 14
R3DLINE
Established Member

Why dont you open a chase Freedom mastercard and then if you get the high limit move it over to the visa later

ECU: 7000 (6.25% Fixed) -- Chase Freedom: 3000 (19.99%) -- Citi Dividend: 3000 (13.25%) -- Amex: 2000 (?% promo 0%) -- UWCU: 2.5k (11.45%) -- Barclay Apple: 1500 (Will never use again) -- Paypal: 2.6k (Use for promo 0% only) -- Cap 1: 2000 (Sock drw. 22.99%) -- Cap 1: 2000 (sock drw. 19.99%)

ECU auto loan (2.99% for 72 months on 2013 Dodge Avenger V6)
Senior in school for Civil Engineering

Scores: TU: 713 EQ: ? EX: 698
Message 13 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

Your current level of income doesn't warrant a significant CLI IMO. Between the two cards you already have 10k in credit limit with Chase. You may want to save the HP for something else. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.