Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom benefits???

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Chase freedom benefits???

Does freedom have benefits for lost baggage and canceled flights? 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase freedom benefits???

@afbar1114 wrote:

I don't believe so...then again I don't have my cardholder agreements in front of me, they're filed away somewhere, but I don't believe Freedom has these benefits. CSP would more than likely have them!

Message 2 of 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

You can log into online banking and look it up. It should be under account summary>>benefits, or something similar. Odd this is that on the CSP you can't look up benefits online.
AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 9
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

And one more thing, my Discover More has it. Though I do believe Discover More benefits are tiered as different card holders have different benefits.
AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 4 of 9
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

Good question.  I wonder this too.  They don't list this or anything like Amex or Citi does.

Message 5 of 9
Imua
Frequent Contributor

it might depend on which chase freedom you have (MC vs VISA), and whether or not it's a "signature" version. (i would guess that a signature version would have more benefits)

you can't directly download your member agreement form the chase website, but there is an option to request a copy of your cardmember agreement (sent by mail).

with that said, i just reviewed my member agreement.  i have freedom MC, and included in the materials sent to me when i opened the acct (jan 2009) is a "standard MC gold/platinum guide to benefits".  The only thing i see in there addressing lost luggage is this (under travel assistance, called "masterTrip travel assistance):

MasterTrip will also help you locate any lost or stolen travel materials, including luggage. This is not an insurance policy for lost/stolen luggage and we do not reimburse you for a permanent loss."

i don't see anything about tickets/cancelled flights etc.

Message 6 of 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

Pretty sure Dividend World Elite Mastercard version would from Citi, but Visa Signiture Freedom hmm... 

Visa Signiture benefit

Lost Luggage Reimbursement – During travel with qualifying Common Carrier tickets charged to your Visa Signature, you will be provided supplemental coverage for your checked bags and carry-ons; up to $3,000 per trip.

World MasterCard

If you’re carrying a Chase Freedom-branded MasterCard, you’re also entitled to World MasterCard benefits. This means you'll get access to all the perks offered to MasterCard’s pricey Gold and Platinum cardholders, plus a few aimed at world travelers, including luggage reimbursement (up to $300 per bag), and accident and trip cancellation insurance. If your travel plans are disrupted by "circumstances beyond your control" (i.e. severe illness, your airline folds), this card can help get your nonrefundable fare back.

well turns out they offer things for the Signiture versions as well it all depends what you wanna do, but hey atleast one MC is nice since Visa is not taken at my DMV or Sams Club (I don't count Visa Debit)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

Message 8 of 9
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

So the Freedom MC comes with card benies or no?

The standard, gold, and platinum are all different cards.  Which MC benefits did you get sent?

I was thinking about a Freedom and I want a MC over Visa, so this interests me.  Too bad Chase does just list these benies are their site like Amex or Citi does =/

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.