Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom conveinece checks

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Chase freedom conveinece checks

Well got some Chase Freedom convience checks, seems like everyone is sending m,e balance transfer checks in the mail this month, well maybe not everyone but also got some from Barclays

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: Chase freedom conveinece checks

@john398 wrote:

Well got some Chase Freedom convience checks, seems like everyone is sending m,e balance transfer checks in the mail this month, well maybe not everyone but also got some from Barclays

ive never got those before for Chase Freedom....

Message 2 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I receive them quite often from most of my Chase CCs... all go in the shredder LOL.

Message 3 of 12
shane82388
Established Contributor

What limit and apr do you have? Wonder why I never get them in past few years?
Message 4 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Total of 6 Chase CCs, lowest CL $5K and highest $15K.  Lowest APR 9.24% (oldest CC) highest APR 15.24% (standard - CSP, UA Explorer, British Airways).

Message 5 of 12
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

How exactly do these checks work ?

If chase does not charge interest for a period of time for these checks can you use them to pay the balances of other cards. 

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 6 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

They work like any other BT check.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 12
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

For responsible users, a convenience check to your checking account can add flexibility in a simple and low-cost fashion. For others, the temptation, not helped by the holiday season, may spiral out of control in not repaying before the promotional period is over.

Credit card companies issue such checks to wherever they see potential. Some targeted at those likely to spill over the end of promotion. Others at those who haven't use their card for a while, whose paid fees provide at least some business.

Beware of a few practical risks such as how interest for charges on the card are applied during this time. Or forgetting to pay the minimum every month, which is likely to terminate the promotional period.

Message 8 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:
What limit and apr do you have? Wonder why I never get them in past few years?

on my chase freedom I have a small limit of 2300 although I do have other cards with Chase like a Southwest Signature card with 12k

they also recently did an au\to cli on freedom of 300

Message 9 of 12
p-
Valued Contributor

john398 wrote: everyone is sending me balance transfer checks in the mail this month,

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.