cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom denied after recon credit analyst recommend approval pending second review

tag
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Chase freedom denied after recon credit analyst recommend approval pending second review

Ok i just try to see what this picture means

Applied for Chase freedom denied after i spoke with credit analyst.I recon with a second credit analyst and she  recommended approval pending second review.is that a good sign ? I appreciate any input

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase freedom denied after recon credit analyst recommend approval pending second review

same thing that happened to me 2 weeks ago for the CSP, called back in the next day and they asked me to verify my idenity and told me the card was on the way... wait until about noon tomorrow and call the backdoor number again and ask them for the status of your application

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 18
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase freedom denied after recon credit analyst recommend approval pending second review

i am glad you had some experience with the same lender for the same issue.So you think i will get the card when the second credit analyst review the app

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
Message 3 of 18
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

same thing that happened to me 2 weeks ago for the CSP, called back in the next day and they asked me to verify my idenity and told me the card was on the way... wait until about noon tomorrow and call the backdoor number again and ask them for the status of your application

ps congrats on your approval

Message 4 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

i am glad you had some experience with the same lender for the same issue.So you think i will get the card when the second credit analyst review the app

yeah basically the same thing, I called at night and i think at night they have to have a supervisor look over it.... I think you will be good to go

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 18
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

hey i apreciate all the support from you regardles the outcome.Thanks again

Message 6 of 18
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

If they recommend you for approval, you should be good to go.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 7 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

If they recommend you for approval, you should be good to go.  

Back when Chase released the ink line (BOLD) being PIF like Amex my mom applied just 1 month after a Zappos Personal approval for $9k.  Declined ink... Did a very long process to recon and guy put on hold couple times to check etc. etc and they were pretty much saying no no, util on other cards to high... Finaly said to the guy "This is a charge card, If you are so scared to issue the card put the hard limit at $500 and we will do multiple payments until you get use to the spending and trusting and it's win win... not sure why that didn't cross anyone elses mind but they said approved... week later letter came saying denied again... tried to go back through process again but getting to a business underwriter just seemed impossible.... So although the approvals on recons seem to happen for the good 90% it is still possible for a second review to change it... kind of irritating because the first person actually spoke with you and then a higher up comes in to check if they agree but you are not on phone!

Message 8 of 18
snowkitty
Established Contributor

The same thing happened to me with my freedom. I basically begged them for the card....lol  The recon analyst recommended me and then switched me over to another person who put me on hold forever and he finally came back and approved me with only a 500.00 limit. I was happy with that because I just wanted my foot in the door. I feel like your odds are pretty good....it just may be a low limit.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 9 of 18
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

I will call today and let everyone know what is the outcome on the app

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.