Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom pull - EQ 669/900

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Chase freedom pull - EQ 669/900

I just got my EQ score from my new Chase freedom card. It's 669/900. Do they use a different version of EQ than here? My score here is 663.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Chase freedom pull - EQ 669/900

Sounds like vantage score....

Or vantagescore might be 990...not sure Smiley Tongue 

Message 2 of 15
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Chase has their own internal scoring

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

They use a very weird score. Definately not a fico
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Any idea how bad a 669 is?

Message 5 of 15
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

I dont think its that bad. You were approved so how bad could it really be?

I got a similar score range when I applied for the freedom. I think the score they came up with for me was about 770. They pulled ex which has historically been my lowest score but was probably around what it is now at the time I applied

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 6 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Well on Amazon it was instant and they pulled EQ and EX. Freedom was recon of a denial and they didn't pull any new reports!

Message 7 of 15
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Hmm. The more I think about it,  I'm not sure that there's anyway to compare chases internal score to fico score. I just looked at the letter I got with the freedom and they called it the applicant score. 

That's interesting that you will were instantly approved for chase amazon but had to recon freedom, which would seem to indicate that freedom hss tougher underwriting than chase amazon.

Another possibility - I've heard is that chase doesn't like multiple apps in a short period of time so the system may have denied the freedom app initially for that reason

I guess what I'm trying to say though is that I don't put too much stock in the chase applicant score because there is nothing available with which to measure how good or bad the score one receives from them is.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 8 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:

Hmm. The more I think about it,  I'm not sure that there's anyway to compare chases internal score to fico score. I just looked at the letter I got with the freedom and they called it the applicant score. 

That's interesting that you will were instantly approved for chase amazon but had to recon freedom, which would seem to indicate that freedom hss tougher underwriting than chase amazon.

Another possibility - I've heard is that chase doesn't like multiple apps in a short period of time so the system may have denied the freedom app initially for that reason

I guess what I'm trying to say though is that I don't put too much stock in the chase applicant score because there is nothing available with which to measure how good or bad the score one receives from them is.

Im sure it was multiple apps that did it. It was brought up in recon. I explained I was rebuilding and wanted to establish relationship with Chase. Additionally, I told them that if I didn't get amazon chase card I would have fall back with store card. Then said I was really happy with amazon card but freedom was my preferred card. Couple minutes and I was approved.(also they didn't pull credit for freedom app. It may had been an auto denial)

Message 9 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@OptimasPrime wrote:

I can't imagine the Chase Amazon is sub-640 approval vis a vis the Freedom's estimated minimum FICO for underwriting purposes.

That Duncan got double-pulled is typically a clear indiciation of a marginal approval.   I think it likely that it's your second possibility, that multiple apps are frowned upon.

Yeah internal applicant score is for the birds sadly, but an approval on recon is still an approval... congrats Duncan!

        
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.