Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom to CSP product change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase freedom to CSP product change?

I have a chase freedom card at $1200 CLI, about 3 months old. My history is rather new at a total of 6 months. I was wondering if it's possible to product change the freedom to the CSP. Does any one know about this, or has done this in the past? Also..is that another HP?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase freedom to CSP product change?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a chase freedom card at $1200 CLI, about 3 months old. My history is rather new at a total of 6 months. I was wondering if it's possible to product change the freedom to the CSP. Does any one know about this, or has done this in the past? Also..is that another HP?

That won't work.  The CSP has a mininum of a $5,000 CL.  Your best bet is to keep the Freedom and apply for the CSP down the road.  Remember to keep checking Chase's pre approval site as it is pretty accurate if they pre approve you.  The Freedom is a card you want to keep for the various cash back offers that comes with the card.  A lot of people get the CSP for the bonus spend points and then get rid of it prior to the AF kicking in.

Message 2 of 10
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Even if it was possible, it would be a very foolish move, as you would waste a nice 40000 point signup bonus for the CSP.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That won't work.  The CSP has a mininum of a $5,000 CL.  Your best bet is to keep the Freedom and apply for the CSP down the road.  Remember to keep checking Chase's pre approval site as it is pretty accurate if they pre approve you.  The Freedom is a card you want to keep for the various cash back offers that comes with the card.  A lot of people get the CSP for the bonus spend points and then get rid of it prior to the AF kicking in.

Thanks for letting me know. I was just wondering if these things are possible. Truth is, I honestly love this Freedom card, as my first real credit card after a secured card, I'm pretty happy!

P.S. The amount of advice here blows my mind! I'm a fresh grad out of school recently, and these forums are immensely insightful!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for letting me know. I was just wondering if these things are possible. Truth is, I honestly love this Freedom card, as my first real credit card after a secured card, I'm pretty happy!

P.S. The amount of advice here blows my mind! I'm a fresh grad out of school recently, and these forums are immensely insightful!

You're very welcome and you're right there is a ton of info in this site.  I only joined a couple months and have learned a lot in that short time .  People are very helpful here and no question is considered dumb.  Give it time on that Freedom card and before long you will be able to expand to the CSP and other great cards.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't consider ditching the CSP after bonus. I utilize my Amex for almost everything, but not all smaller merchants except amex. csp will be my backup for everyday spending plus dining. 

Message 6 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@bz386 wrote:

Even if it was possible, it would be a very foolish move, as you would waste a nice 40000 point signup bonus for the CSP.

49k signup bonus to be precise:-) 40k+4k min spend+ 5k AU

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't consider ditching the CSP after bonus. I utilize my Amex for almost everything, but not all smaller merchants except amex. csp will be my backup for everyday spending plus dining. 

The CSP is only good for ppl who travel frequently and can utilize the UR points for transfers. As a pure cashback card the CSP is useless, epsecially due to its AF. There's better cards out there which give you 2% on EVERYTHING not just dining and travel.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not worth losing the bonus even if you could
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's true. if you don't travel you don't need it. i know i will benefit from it though

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.