Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase freedom unlimited upgrade?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase freedom unlimited upgrade?

I have just the chase freedom do they offer upgrades to the unlimited without a new account
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
sr383
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase freedom unlimited upgrade?

I'd say your odds of doing a product change to Chase Freedom Unlimited are great. They practically beg me to take one, every time I ask about PCing my Slate.

Whether Freedom to Freedom Unlimited counts as an upgrade depends on your point of view. ...

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I think it's an easy process to do a product change, but you'll be giving up the sign up bonus.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it. Very simple and easy. Now it's one of my favorite cards without the rotation every quarter. They are now asking me to upgrade to the Saphire preferred or Saphire. I told them I will app for it later since the bonus is something I want. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I did it last night through secure message. It might seem odd with already having a Cap1 QS but I use the card so much (6k CL) that I usually spend 25-30% per month. Now I can use the unlimited and get QS utilization lower as well. I wasn't using the regular freedom at all. They said my CC number will be the same.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 5 of 9
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I just called to have my FU converted to a Freedom after PCing my Sapphire. I honestly didn't see the need for a third 1.5% card. I can make great use out of the bonus categories. That said I do believe you have a good chance of that being available
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Idk about "upgrade" because it really just depends on your use. It's pretty even IMO. But, even though you're giving up $150, that's when you ask yourself if you want to PC or if $150 is worth a hp, new account and AAoA ding. If so then just apply. If not then PC. I'd PC.
Message 7 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I was kind of wondering about this too. I have the freedom, but really was not sure getting the unlimited would have made that big of a difference. I guess it depends on how you use them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 9
driftless
Valued Contributor

FU is different than Freedom, I would not call it an upgrade. I thought about adding FU but I already have a QS and it would be duplicative. Adding UR's would be nice but I want to maintain two banks for my credit cards.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.