Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase gave me an Auto CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase gave me an Auto CLI!

Okay, so let me start of by saying it was only for $500, but I'm just shocked that they gave me something without asking and without a hard pull. 

Just wondering if anyone else got anything from them this month? I have a hunch they were simply meeting my spending. My limit was $6500 and I had charged almost $6800 this past month, had already PIF $5900 of it before this statement just cut. Was meaning to make another payment before statement date but this house renovating is getting to my head!  Ah, whatever.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase gave me an Auto CLI!

Congrats!    Was this a "true blue" Chase card, or former WAMU?

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-09-2009 07:05 AM
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

No, not Wamu, it was the Chase Freedom Plus. I'm still waiting for them to send me a notice about the rewards structure changing. I am trying to push through as much as I can through it. Last statement I was at $40 in my rewards credit and now I have $156. So this month was really good! If I can do the same this next month, I'll be able to atleast squeeze one more bonus $250 check out of them before they chop the program. 

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 07-09-2009 10:07 AM
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering.  I have a Chase Freedom Plus with $3500 CL, but it was formerly WAMU card.  I think they treat cards that originated with Chase differently than the "adopted, red headed, WAMU step-children."  LOL   Smiley Happy

I nearly max my card every month, PIF.

Message 4 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

i don't see too many posts about CLI with chase sans HP so kudos to you UP!  good to know it's possible-

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ TxJohn, You are so funny.  How long has it been since the transfer from Wamu? I can't recall. This was my first auto from them, but I've only had the card just over a year. Maybe it was a yearly review, too? I don't know.

Hopefully they will start noticing you soon!

@Scorebuilding, Thank you. I was surprised. It's a very small increase, but still an increase nonetheless!

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 07-09-2009 10:15 AM
Message 6 of 16
joiedevivre
Established Member

Hello,

Congratulations and I am happy to report that Chase did the same thing to me.  They increased my credit limit from $5,800 to $6,300 without my asking for any increase to my credit limit.  My card is a Chase Freedom.  Also, I wanted to share that I bought a "bonus points accelerator" for $4.99 per month and you get triple the points for every dollar you spend.  I am planning to keep doing that until the change the program.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joiedevivre wrote:

Hello,

Congratulations and I am happy to report that Chase did the same thing to me.  They increased my credit limit from $5,800 to $6,300 without my asking for any increase to my credit limit.  My card is a Chase Freedom.  Also, I wanted to share that I bought a "bonus points accelerator" for $4.99 per month and you get triple the points for every dollar you spend.  I am planning to keep doing that until the change the program.

Hello! Congrats to you as well.  

Where the heck can I find out about this bonus points accelerator, or is that only for the Freedom and not the Freedom Plus? 

Message 8 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Ditto about the bonus points accelerator.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 16
joiedevivre
Established Member

Just call the number at the back of your Chase card to ask about the points accelerator.  I had called back in April to report that I would be on vacation out of the country and that is when the representative told me about the points accelerator.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.