tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase has great PC policy

@Anonymous wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

About a month ago I PC'd my CSP to a CSR, however, as happy as I am with my CSR, I actually missed my CSP (wow say that five times quickly). So I called Chase today and after a two minute call, my forlorn and neglected Freedom Unlimited card blossomed into a lovely metallic CSP butterflyHeart I know some banks can be a pain when it comes to PC's but Chase sure makes it easy.

Yes they have a good policy regarding PCs but I'm curious.  What good does it do for you to have both a CSR and a CSP?  

The FU is a great card but I like the no foreign fee and better rental car protection and benefits of the CSP which is a no brainer for me. I was actually on planning to close the FU initially but decided on PC.Woman Very Happy

The problem with that thinking is the CSP is surpassed or matched in benefits by the CSR so you now basically have a useless card.  You would have been far better keeping the FU card for use when you have spend ina category not covered by the CSR.  Now you'd be better just to combine the limit of the CSP into the CSR.   

I agree. Having both CSP and CSR seems incredibly redundant. Whatever floats one's boat, though.

Message 11 of 14
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Yea, I decided to combine both cards, makes more sense. So now I only have a CSR with a much lovelier limitWoman Very Happy

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Much better OP. Good Job!
Message 13 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Much better OP. Good Job!

Well, not to keep being critical of OP (OK, I am!) unless you can use the new higher limit, it would have made more sense to try to undo the PC.   The FU has some value as Irish said, a high unused limit has much less value.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.