Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase is giving out offers.

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase is giving out offers.

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Wow. If the true green check mark offers are back (I got CSP and Slate last year, DW got CSP) I really hope the Marriott card enters the mix.

I'll bet!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 21 of 53
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Is the green checkmark for new card offers only, or for CLIs too?

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 22 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

Hold da phone, is somebody saying that green checkmarks are again working if you are 5/24? I thought it was well established on DOC that it was no longer a 5/24 workaround.

No, they are not currently working to get around 5/24.   That was in the past but Chase stopped it.  Only known way now to bypass 5/24 is via in branch preapprovals. 

I just had to find out - so I tried it. I had a green check mark FU offer (the usual SUB/intro APR). It had a defined permanent APR, not a range, and I got the "since you are a Chase customer, we only need this small amount of info" screen when I clicked on it. I am about 7/24 - and was instantly approved for $6.6K SL. They pulled TU and EX AGAIN! I'm in the garden where it is safe for long time, now.

Just checked my offers... I have the same verbiage for the CSP. Your approval make this very tempting. I haven't used my CFU in a few months. Banked with chase for 8+ years. 

Message 23 of 53
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

Hold da phone, is somebody saying that green checkmarks are again working if you are 5/24? I thought it was well established on DOC that it was no longer a 5/24 workaround.

No, they are not currently working to get around 5/24.   That was in the past but Chase stopped it.  Only known way now to bypass 5/24 is via in branch preapprovals. 

I just had to find out - so I tried it. I had a green check mark FU offer (the usual SUB/intro APR). It had a defined permanent APR, not a range, and I got the "since you are a Chase customer, we only need this small amount of info" screen when I clicked on it. I am about 7/24 - and was instantly approved for $6.6K SL. They pulled TU and EX AGAIN! I'm in the garden where it is safe for long time, now.

Just checked my offers... I have the same verbiage for the CSP. Your approval make this very tempting. I haven't used my CFU in a few months. Banked with chase for 8+ years. 

Um, ya gotta push $4K through the CSP in 3 months to get the SUB. That was hard for me.

Message 24 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kilroy8, glad you pull the trigger! Congrats!! . How scary for you! Haha! Back to the garden! Maybe try another one next time!
Message 25 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8
Um, ya gotta push $4K through the CSP in 3 months to get the SUB. That was hard for me.

Very true. Not worried about hitting the SUB. I've hit Citi's $4k spend in two months. AMEX $2k on ED and $2k on Hilton in two months. CFU $500 spend in 30 days. I always plan apps around the time I already have spend coming up. Just do not want to waste the double pulls. 

Message 26 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Wow. If the true green check mark offers are back (I got CSP and Slate last year, DW got CSP) I really hope the Marriott card enters the mix.

Its true, they are back. My brother is 14/24. His CSP green check marked turned from a variable APR to a solid 16.49. Entered his income hit submit and instantly approved for $29000. High 700 scores, has Freedom Unlimited for two years and 92k income. Pulled EX & TU.

Message 27 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Its true, they are back. My brother is 14/24. His CSP green check marked turned from a variable APR to a solid 16.49. Entered his income hit submit and instantly approved for $29000. High 700 scores, has Freedom Unlimited for two years and 92k income. Pulled EX & TU.

I posted on DoC’s page about 5/24 about these new approvals. Maybe he will update his page to say that these offers are now viable again

Message 28 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too bad they're not SP like Amex, otherwise I'd consider adding the Freedom.

Message 29 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

DoctorofCredit.com included in his posts for today info about bypassing 5/24 based on the approvals from here and elsewhere.  More and more people are reporting that the green check marks are working again.  Good news.  Too bad my online account doesn’t show offers at all.

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.