Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase issue Best Buy Credit Card ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase issue Best Buy Credit Card ?

@CreditAble wrote:

A "replacement card" would suggest that you will have your original tradeline opening date report to the bureaus. I also would insist that Chase does not pull a hard since you didn't apply for credit. I definitely would complain if your replacement card is a card with a recent date of opening.

Have you asked the CSR about the credit reporting details?

Yep.  Chase confirmed to me that it would be a replacement card and that the original tradeline date would still be reported (both for DH and for me as the AU) and no hard pull for either DH or I, they didn't even do a soft pull on me to add me as the AU.

Message 21 of 25
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep.  Chase confirmed to me that it would be a replacement card and that the original tradeline date would still be reported (both for DH and for me as the AU) and no hard pull for either DH or I, they didn't even do a soft pull on me to add me as the AU.

Way to go. FANTASTIC ! Smiley Surprised

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAble wrote:

Way to go. FANTASTIC ! Smiley Surprised

It will be if it goes as they say it should Smiley Very Happy I guess I will see by the middle of may or so Smiley Very Happy I'll let y'all know Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I combined my CC card with my  Freedom - was good for the average age of my accounts, since I opened the CC card last September to buy myself a nice TV.

I paid it off in 3 month, even though I had 3 years no interest on the TV.

Anyways,

glad it works out for you guys.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called Chase to check on the status of my Circuit City card and found out it had beed closed. The csr gave no explanation and said it could absolutely not be re-opened.

The card had a zero balance since 9/08 and I only charged on it periodically then pif to keep it open(this pattern for 2-3 years). Card opened almost 6yrs ago. 

The cl was 4k.

I use to use it more and a couple times charged big ticket items at Circuit City taking advantage of their offers of 0% interest for a year or two. At one time also used it a bit for purchases other than Circuit City.

I have another Chase card (open almost 3 yrs) which I use monthly at retailers who do not accept Amex....200.00-300.00 on that Chase card montlhy and I pif. I wonder if that card and payment pattern factored into the decision, meaning they could tell I just used the other occasionally to keep it open.

Also, each card with Chase has always been in good standing, never late, never over limit.  

Does anyone know of a way to talk Chase into a product change on this card? I hate to lose the 6yr history.

Thanks.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.