Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase means business..

tag
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Chase means business..

Had an unauthorized charge on my account, and they completely shut my account down.. lol...impressed.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Chase means business..

I think you need to elaborate...

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 2 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@subwaysandwich wrote:
Had an unauthorized charge on my account, and they completely shut my account down.. lol...impressed.

Yup yup.....they don't play around...you know? Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 13
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Can we make something like THE CHASE HAMMER has struck you! a thing..? I think it should be a thing. Guys? Guys...?

....ok I'll show myself out now

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 4 of 13
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

what's there to elaborate..?
Message 5 of 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

Someone used his Chase card online or somewhere. Chase blocked his account for further unauthorized charges.  They will issue a new card.

Ron.

Message 6 of 13
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

My SWA card with Chase was compromised within a few weeks of getting it.  I didn't even ever have it in my purse.  I used it once to pay my rent online.  It was a strange $82.xx charge from Netflix.  I have a Netflix membership but it is charged to a different card and it's only $7.99/mo.  I called Chase.  They locked the account immediately, changed the number and sent me a new card.

Unless someone hacked the payment processing website where I paid rent or if the connection wasn't secure there is no way that card number ever got stolen.  It's a total mystery to me but Chase was VERY quick to cancel the account as they should have been because obviously the card number was compromised.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 7 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

My SWA card with Chase was compromised within a few weeks of getting it.  I didn't even ever have it in my purse.  I used it once to pay my rent online.  It was a strange $82.xx charge from Netflix.  I have a Netflix membership but it is charged to a different card and it's only $7.99/mo.  I called Chase.  They locked the account immediately, changed the number and sent me a new card.

Unless someone hacked the payment processing website where I paid rent or if the connection wasn't secure there is no way that card number ever got stolen.  It's a total mystery to me but Chase was VERY quick to cancel the account as they should have been because obviously the card number was compromised.

Maybe check your computer to see if you have a virus/trojan? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 13
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, a charge of ~$82 was done by SQUARE, which are those things you can attach to ipads/phones to make transactions..
Message 9 of 13
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@sailor_mercury wrote:

Maybe check your computer to see if you have a virus/trojan? 

That's possible but I only use my work computer and it scans everything every 2 days and I've never had a threat pop up.  This transaction was NETFLIX 4 ANDAR SALA000000000BR.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.