Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase messed up my CLD

tag
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Chase messed up my CLD

I sent Chase a secure message wanting to lower my credit limit by $500 so my new limit will be $6000. Instead the person lowers it to $500 which is useless to me now. I wanted it lowered because I wanted an even number.

“I want to lower it by $500 so my new limit will be $6000” becomes $500....someone doesn’t know math and you work at a bank.

They are telling me that to restore it they will have to run a credit report. This is all on them and all they do is say I apologize. I don’t see why something that’s an easy fix become so difficult. I’ve had the card 3.5 years and perfect payments history. Do I bug them enough to get it restored or run the credit report and then fight to take it off? My 3 reports are frozen and lifting them is an unnecessary security risk.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase messed up my CLD

Definitely sounds like an error on their part, and if you did it via secure message you have a written record of your request which is a great thing and dramatically improves your chances of success. 

At this point you need to bypass front-line CS and move up the ladder.  I'd suggest checking out the back door numbers thread and find a number that gets you to the Chase EO.  I would also write a letter to the EO right away (before you bother calling) because the letter is another written record and will likely prompt them to call you.  While this may take some time and effort on your part in terms of jumping through hoops, I'm pretty confident in the end that you'll get your limit placed at $6k as you requested and without a HP.

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably going to require a phone call to get this fixed.  SM is kind of limited when it comes to complicated things like fixing their own mistake.  At least you have it documented in SM as to what you asked for prior to the mess up.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regardless of blame, this is a disadvantage of dealing with an enormous institution.  

If they lose any one account it insignificant.

Message 4 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It really boils down to how the SM was worded. If your SM had said something along the lines of "I would like to reduce my CL from 6,500 to 6,000 on my X card...I want my new CL to be 6,000", then I would almost guarantee that it would be a non-issue.

Personally I would've left it alone, but I do understand that certain OCD factors can wreck havoc for some.

You can probably reach out to the CL reallocations department as soon as practical to explain the situation and hopefully they can restore it without a HP.

Just pursue and escalate it with the appropriate channels, the EO at this point would be an overreach IMO.
Message 5 of 25
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

What is EO? I also thought wording it (how my quote was) was worded clearly. I did it the same way as my Discover Card  so I thought it was clear enough for others to understand.

I called them, spoke to a supervisor and said they’ll get back to me in 3-5 days. Investigating it. 

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 6 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Below is a link with the common abbreviations used around the forums:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458
Message 7 of 25
rbentley
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Below is a link with the common abbreviations used around the forums:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458

MFers like ato abbreviate like MFers.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 25
blindambition
Senior Contributor

OP, I recommend emailing the EO directly. It’s easily accessible with a search. I recently had an issue. EO responded within 24hrs, with call the next day.

Message 9 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry Op, sometimes, its just best to let sleeping dogs lay but things hsppen i guess. Hopefully you can get it restored , maybe with a free $500 as a bonus for your trouble ( 7kSmiley Wink )
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.