Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - moving credit lines with balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase - moving credit lines with balance

So last week I opened a Chase Slate and got approved for a $800 credit limit, sad. Smiley Sad I was advised that I could move my Freedom limit over (all but $500) if I had a 0 balance on the Freedom. I currently have a 1500 balance with Freedom but when I called today they offered to move over 1100 of my credit limit! Woot! The CSR told me they can move credit limits they just have to allow a $400 cushion. Hooray! While I plan on paying more to Freedom to move more to the 0% Slate I was still excited they were able to help me so I can pay off my first card this month.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase - moving credit lines with balance

@Anonymous wrote:

So last week I opened a Chase Slate and got approved for a $800 credit limit, sad. Smiley Sad I was advised that I could move my Freedom limit over (all but $500) if I had a 0 balance on the Freedom. I currently have a 1500 balance with Freedom but when I called today they offered to move over 1100 of my credit limit! Woot! The CSR told me they can move credit limits they just have to allow a $400 cushion. Hooray! While I plan on paying more to Freedom to move more to the 0% Slate I was still excited they were able to help me so I can pay off my first card this month.

The freedom has rewards but slate don't? Are you trying to do a BT? 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.