Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase moving limit

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase moving limit

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd be happy to keep it open with a $500 limit. I love the card.

If the up the AF anymore it might get declined if your limit is only 500 lol!! But why would you want to keep it open with only a 500 dollar limit thats gonna get you maybe one night at a ritz if your lucky...

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You'll be able to move all but $500.  They need to keep $500 on the card while they process the cancellation.  You won't have any trouble though.  I just cancelled my RC and moved my line to another card.  They moved everything but $500. 

@Anonymous,

I was able to move all my limt from my Amazon card to my Ritz.  As along as the account being closed has not beeing used in a month and balance paid in full, the entire limit can be moved.  Just an FYI..

Message 12 of 26
vpae
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You'll be able to move all but $500.  They need to keep $500 on the card while they process the cancellation.  You won't have any trouble though.  I just cancelled my RC and moved my line to another card.  They moved everything but $500. 

@Anonymous,

I was able to move all my limt from my Amazon card to my Ritz.  As along as the account being closed has not beeing used in a month and balance paid in full, the entire limit can be moved.  Just an FYI..

Same here.

I just closed my Hyatt card, couldn't justify the AF. They moved the entire CL to my Freedom. No questions asked.

Citi on the other hand, was only able to move $2K/$5K of my CL from Hilton to Simplicity, they needed income/housing info, but did say that no credit report will be pulled. They consider moving CL a CLI. This matches the CLI screen online for my Simplicity, it says no credit report is required. On the other hand, if I wanted to move the limit to my TYP or Dividend, they may have needed to pull a report. I don't care for Citi because of this. Chase wins here.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 13 of 26
greatdane88

Does Chase consider moving limits to another card a CLI?

Message 14 of 26
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@greatdane88 wrote:

Im not sure what you mean by the question. Its just moving limits around. A CLI with chase is almost always a HP if the card holder requests it. When your moving the limits around there is no HP so I would say no to your question. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 15 of 26
MTSN
Regular Contributor

I have the Chase SW and Chase Freedom, and I also had the Chase Slate. I moved a $10k balance onto the Chase Slate when I opened the card and just paid it off as the 0% interest was about to expire after 18 months. I called in to move the credit line from the Slate over to my SW Chase card, and they had zero issue with it. But, I also had the card for 18 months and the Slate card is pretty much just a BT tool anyways. I'd encourage you to keep the card open just long enough before you have to pay the next AF then consolidate.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@greatdane88 wrote:

Im not sure what you mean by the question. Its just moving limits around. A CLI with chase is almost always a HP if the card holder requests it. When your moving the limits around there is no HP so I would say no to your question. 

No Not a CLI because no additional credit is being granted by the issuer.

Message 17 of 26
lukepwnsall
Regular Contributor

Chase will only let you move all but 1k CL on cards if they are VISA SIGGYs there visa versions they will let u move all but 500 I have done alot of closing and chaning accounts with chase and moving my CLs around they are friendly and are all done through SP unlike BoFA

TU 786 (10/23) EQ 794 (10/23) EX 773 (10/23)
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@greatdane88 wrote:

NO.  

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting confused, some are saying you can move all CL except 500 and some are saying you can move all after 30 days of no activity. Are both of these true? I'll be doing this in October and would like all of my limits moved to 1 chase card, just want to wrap my head around the details be for that time comes.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.