cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase new Pre-Approval site.... APPROVED! - RECON?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase new Pre-Approval site.... APPROVED! - RECON?

Other Thread already started for the new Chase "Offer" Page and don't think anyone actually applied after getting offer... 

Partner went through with it  and got instant approval with no limit listed.

Just called Automated APP Status Line and it's approved for $9k.  I was thinking $15-$20k!!... How are they about Recon. on the approval? Will they use report pulled already?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase new Pre-Approval site.... APPROVED! - RECON?

@Creditaddict wrote:

Other Thread already started for the new Chase "Offer" Page and don't think anyone actually applied after getting offer... 

Just called Automated APP Status Line and it's approved for $9k.  I was thinking $15-$20k!!... How are they about Recon. on the approval? Will they use report pulled already?

It depends on what his other limits are. If they majority are higher...they may match it (They may or may not do a 2nd pull). If they are around the same...they will request a 2nd pull. I tried a recon yesterday about my limit on my Freedom and no go without a 2nd pull. The comical part is that they wanted a 2nd pull on the same day they pulled my 1st for approval...so not much could have changed Smiley LOL  It doesn't hurt to try but if they request a 2nd pull I probably wouldn't go for it. I honestly think Chase has a strange computer algorithm when handing out limits and approvals. 

Message 2 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

It depends on what his other limits are. If they majority are higher...they may match it (They may or may not do a 2nd pull). If they are around the same...they will request a 2nd pull. I tried a recon yesterday about my limit on my Freedom and no go without a 2nd pull. The comical part is that they wanted a 2nd pull on the same day they pulled my 1st for approval...so not much could have changed Smiley LOL  It doesn't hurt to try but if they request a 2nd pull I probably wouldn't go for it. I honestly think Chase has a strange computer algorithm when handing out limits and approvals. 

That smells of walk away and foret it all over it!!

One of the reasons I do not like Chase but this has the 0% for 15 months but the part that is most important is it has $0/0% BT Fee within first 60 months!

Message 3 of 15
Involus
Regular Contributor

I would say 9k is a pretty good instant approval - wait 6 mos and ask for a CLI (it's a HP though) depending on your HHI and Util% and other TLs limits.

Message 4 of 15
orl22
New Contributor

When I applied for my CSP, they approved me for $5K. I think I had already put about $3K on the card. I called them up and asked for an increase to $10K. He was reluctant and stated that I didn't have a card with that high a limit. I told him I was just approved for Sam's Discover that hasn't yet been updated. He put me on hold for a minute and gave me $10K. No additional pull. 

$9K is a good starting limit. I agree. 

Message 5 of 15
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@orl22 wrote:

When I applied for my CSP, they approved me for $5K. I think I had already put about $3K on the card. I called them up and asked for an increase to $10K. He was reluctant and stated that I didn't have a card with that high a limit. I told him I was just approved for Sam's Discover that hasn't yet been updated. He put me on hold for a minute and gave me $10K. No additional pull. 

Do you remember who you spoke with Smiley Happy I would love to have a good analyst come on the phone! All I get is the script reader who repeated the same thing. I even told them I have the competing bank's statement showing the new limit but they said "we are sorry...we can't accept statements...only a hard pull from a credit agency" If 1 card has a high limit reporting and you state your other 2 will update to reflect the new limits they should just match the 1 you have reporting. Instead...they picked the low one currently reporting!

Message 6 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Just so you know, Chase is a known Hard Puller, some might get by with a SP on very rare occasion.   With a 9k instant CL though (like others have said, that's very good with Chase), if asked before hand, they will tell you if it will take another HP, even the same day.   I somewhat think they like to HP simply to show inquiries on a report for other creditors to see, and that they were by Chase.

If I remember right, the partner you mention who applied for the card, has very good stats, so that would explain the instant 9k CL.  Don't know if I'd push the subject though if it wasn't needed.   BTW, what card was it (sorry if I missed that detail somehow).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 15
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a Slate
AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 8 of 15
orl22
New Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

@orl22 wrote:

Do you remember who you spoke with Smiley Happy I would love to have a good analyst come on the phone! All I get is the script reader who repeated the same thing. I even told them I have the competing bank's statement showing the new limit but they said "we are sorry...we can't accept statements...only a hard pull from a credit agency" If 1 card has a high limit reporting and you state your other 2 will update to reflect the new limits they should just match the 1 you have reporting. Instead...they picked the low one currently reporting!

Sorry. I don't. I definitely got lucky since almost a month went by and I had already put $3K when I called. I figured I didn't have anything to loose and it was still within a month of the approval. 

Message 9 of 15
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I applied on thanksgiving day for the freedom and was given a 1500 cl.  I was kinda hoping for a 3k cl being I have other accounts with higher limits.  Well I called the following monday to a backdoor number and was told a 2nd pull would be needed cause it had been longer than 2 days and had I called sooner they couldve used the same pull.  

So I called another backdoor number and the guy looked over my report and said he didnt like the fact that a 300cl secured card from BOFA was reporting so use the card for 6 mos then request an increase.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.