cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase new Pre-Approval site.... APPROVED! - RECON?

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase new Pre-Approval site.... APPROVED! - RECON?

Congrats to your partner Creditaddict, nice limit but I am just wondering how much total credit someone can get from Chase like with Amex it is said 35,000 is probable the max unless you want to start showing documentation?

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tray wrote:

Congrats to your partner Creditaddict, nice limit but I am just wondering how much total credit someone can get from Chase like with Amex it is said 35,000 is probable the max unless you want to start showing documentation?

I have not heard of limit... I feel like I have seen many people with close to that though so maybe... especially with all the talk of CSP/Freedom, etc.

Message 12 of 15
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Tray, I'm not sure about that 35k limit; I'm currently at 51.5k.
Message 13 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MrShush wrote:
Tray, I'm not sure about that 35k limit; I'm currently at 51.5k.

I would agree with this.  There are individuals who have upward of 200K+ (some of these high-end credit products are only available through ABL or their Private Client Services/Private Bank division).  Typically, any unsecured exposure that exceeds $25K (or above) may require financials before approval if no current relationship with Chase exists.

In general, individuals should be satisified with any credit line assigned when approved, especially for the OP's partner -- 9K is a pretty decent starting line.  While everyone's situation is different when it comes to purchasing power, no lender is required to match anyone's ego... ahem... credit standing, just because other lenders may have granted a higher line of credit.   It is all about unsecured credit and the lender's exposure criteria; and as a general rule, if you already have sufficient open/unused exposure, then what is the real "need"?

Message 14 of 15
swpopham
Established Contributor

Because I want more!!!! Smiley Wink
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.