cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase now allowing CLI requests online (Most likely HP)

tag
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase now allowing CLI requests online (Most likely HP)

@marmaladepie wrote:

Adding to previous DP:

I have CSR since 2/2017, and IHG card since 3/2018. Neither show "increase credit limit" options.

Clean file, ficos 800+

I did take a HP as mentioned earlier CLI on CSR from 10k to 19k a month ago.

DH has CSR since 2/2017 as well. His profile does show the link.

Current limit is 37,500

Clean file, ficos 800+ also

checked on web browser.

So scores may or may not affect seeing this option, but what it seems is, if you recently received an increase you may not see the option, until X time passes. I just checked wifey's accounts and she also has the options with a 720 FICO. Our most recent increases (auto) are at the least 6 months old.

Edit: maybe they are soft pulling customers to attempt the roll out. If that were the case, it may suggest a certain increase after a hard pull- or why soft pull and offer. Anyway, that's speculation. 

Message 41 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SoCalifornia wrote:

Oinkily Doinkily, neighbor. I Guinea'd. Awaiting the rolled out, Chase-blue carpet outcome. Log into your account on the desktop site. There will be the '3 dot' selection to the far right of said account, drop down will open and among that will be 'account services'. From there you should be able to see the 'increase my credit limit' option, if available. While I highly doubt that it's an option for your new card, perhaps it's at least listed as an option? 

It certainly is an odd, ominous feeling 

You tried the link I mentioned I found on Google?  Interestingly, when I came back to my computer later and logged into Chase (from a new browser session), it popped up a message about "not having any offers for a CLI right now but contact us if you want one anyway", or something like that.  Probably when I hit that site while not logged in, it set a cookie or something so it looked for a "CLI offer" I didn't have.  It might be the link they give to people when SP CLI offers pop up.

Anyway, on my desktop website, I don't get the "3 Dot" menu, instead I get a drop down menu that says "Things you can do".  Clicking this gives me this (and no request CLI option)... on either card including my older one.  So maybe it's not rolled out to everyone yet, or only certain folks are "eligible".  See screenshot:

chase1.JPG

Another thing: I have 2 Chase cards and the desktop site works a bit differently when you have 2 than one... such as this menu saying "Things you can do" instead of being 3 dots... maybe the menus haven't been updated on both versions of the site?

Has anyone gotten an "instant" CLI yet through this new feature, or are they all going to review?  Maybe they don't have CLI underwriting automated yet...

Message 42 of 91
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

dont see it on mine.  I speculate they are rolling it out slowly?  I type cli increase in help box and said you must call in for a credit ine increase, etc..  I speculate all will have it eventually, but i certainly dont have it now and i doubt i am capped on exposure with chase either as closed a card a few years ago and never bothered transferring that 10k limit, etc.  

Message 43 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Lol, if chase started doing SP CLIs, this place would go nuts.

LOL!  Probably so...but not in a good way.  Could you imagine what the outcry would be if SP turned into "needs more time" that turned into a manual review...and with the behavior of this place I could see Chase doing some MASSIVE shutdowns.  LOL.  Yea...like others have said, I'd wait for some DPs before clicking any button with Chase.  

And at least for my experience, Chase has always been VERY generous with their approval limits so I don't necessarily need an increase on any of their products that I have.  Not to mention that if you have multiple product then one can move around limits without much heartache anyway.  

Omg that would be awful.. "how did this one get past 5/24?" *closed by credit grantor* Smiley Sad

Message 44 of 91
grower1
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I dont have it on desktop or mobile. I did not expect to see it, both cards have decent limits, I think I got everything they were willing to give. 

Too bad because CLI would increase cash advance amount 😐

While I'm trying to do my best to finally appear like the rest of population (CR wise), the thought of Chase doing a "review" gives me a cringe, followed by bone breaking spasm. 

No, no and no. 

I have several Chase cards and they are all at the original limit. Never wanted the hard pull, I checked the newest card just to see if the option was there, and I found it in this drop down list on the right. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 2.37.30 PM.png

Message 45 of 91
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

Extra DP.

Checked DW's account on desktop and she has the button on all 3 cards; FU, Freedom & CSP. Its not available on the app. She has also got a checking acct. with DD of payments from a part-time gig.

We decided to follow 'Socal' and filled in the 3 required info and clicked submit. Got the exact same result. "More time needed for review, request received, don't submit another...blah, blah, blah". Would see what turns up and report back. She had received two auto CLIs in the last 5months on two of those cards.

Had earlier unlocked TU and EX but so far no alert of any pull which is strange cause Experian Creditworks alerts are usually instantaneous. So would see how that shapes up too.

Message 46 of 91
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Credit_Flavours wrote:

Extra DP.

Checked DW's account on desktop and she has the button on all 3 cards; FU, Freedom & CSP. Its not available on the app. She has also got a checking acct. with DD of payments from a part-time gig.

We decided to follow 'Socal' and filled in the 3 required info and clicked submit. Got the exact same result. "More time needed for review, request received, don't submit another...blah, blah, blah". Would see what turns up and report back. She had received two auto CLIs in the last 5months on two of those cards.

Had earlier unlocked TU and EX but so far no alert of any pull which is strange cause Experian Creditworks alerts are usually instantaneous. So would see how that shapes up too.

Like stated earlier, it's probably still a manual process until they get it up and running. While chase has people working evenings and weekends, there's not many. When I was there, we're talking like 10 people in our office for the entire country. Not sure if other locations had more.

Message 47 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boragard wrote:

I do not have the option to increase my limit online. Smiley Sad

Don't have it either!

Message 48 of 91
jbestman007
Contributor

For DP.

I have the CLI option. 

My CSR is only 5 months old. 

I live in the NY/Washington DC area.

No CLI since SL.

I have several prequalified cards in "my offers". So, I know I have not hit their internal credit limit for me. 

Message 49 of 91
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

So as a follow up, we decided to have her call the backdoor number. She was told that the request was auto declined because she recently received an increase on that card(a month ago). Also the analyst informed her that her credit was NOT pulled at all but she could make a  request now on her other cards.

Hope this helps.

Message 50 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.