cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase now allowing CLI requests online (Most likely HP)

tag
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase now allowing CLI requests online (Most likely HP)

@Credit_Flavours wrote:

So as a follow up, we decided to have her call the backdoor number. She was told that the request was auto declined because she recently received an increase on that card(a month ago). Also the analyst informed her that her credit was NOT pulled at all but she could make a  request now on her other cards.

Hope this helps.

That would explain why you had mention that you received no hard pull alert through Creditworks. But I did receive the pull immediately. Hmm... I guess I will just be patient and see how it plays out. After all, the purpose is to be able to do the request on your own, avoiding branch visits or CSR phone calls. 

Message 51 of 91
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

@SoCalifornia wrote:

@Credit_Flavours wrote:

So as a follow up, we decided to have her call the backdoor number. She was told that the request was auto declined because she recently received an increase on that card(a month ago). Also the analyst informed her that her credit was NOT pulled at all but she could make a  request now on her other cards.

Hope this helps.

That would explain why you had mention that you received no hard pull alert through Creditworks. But I did receive the pull immediately. Hmm... I guess I will just be patient and see how it plays out. After all, the purpose is to be able to do the request on your own, avoiding branch visits or CSR phone calls. 

I guess....right?

I was just interested in the DP and wanted to know if all requests had to be manually reviewed. From their conversation(which i listened in on..LOL!!), he "implied" she could have been approved instantly but for the recent increase on that card. So folks can apply without that fear of a compulsory intrusive manual review.

Message 52 of 91
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Credit_Flavours wrote:

@SoCalifornia wrote:

I guess....right?

I was just interested in the DP and wanted to know if all requests had to be manually reviewed. From their conversation(which i listened in on..LOL!!), he "implied" she could have been approved instantly but for the recent increase on that card. So folks can apply without that fear of a compulsory intrusive manual review.

I totally get what you're saying but there are three things in life I try to avoid as much as possible 

My mother

My kids

Chase manual anything

All three are all equally reasonable, even tempered, and just as kind 😐

When my kids ruin their credit and find this forum, I may undergo a nursing home drop off review. 

Message 53 of 91
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Credit_Flavours wrote:

@SoCalifornia wrote:

I guess....right?

I totally get what you're saying but there are three things in life I try to avoid as much as possible 

My mother

My kids

Chase manual anything

All three are all equally reasonable, even tempered, and just as kind 😐

When my kids ruin their credit and find this forum, I may undergo a nursing home drop off review. 

Loooooooooooooool!!!! 

Message 54 of 91
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yeah, from experience Chase manual reviews can be like an FBI interrogation. That said, I'll likely hit some buttons in the spring. 😂 

Message 55 of 91
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

Very neat that Chase is allowing this and I really hope it means they change their ways. I did see the thread a couple of days ago that BoA is now doing SP CLIs so maybe in some time we will see Chase follow suit.
Message 56 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ToxikPH wrote:
Very neat that Chase is allowing this and I really hope it means they change their ways. I did see the thread a couple of days ago that BoA is now doing SP CLIs so maybe in some time we will see Chase follow suit.

BoA has been doing SP CLIs for well over a year now.  That thread's been ongoing for a while. Smiley Happy  Hopefully Chase follows suit... they're pretty much the only major holdout who only does HP CLIs.

Good to know that they don't pull if you don't qualify for the increase due to internal restrictions like a recent increase.  Saves some unneeded HPs anyway.  I guess if you mash the button and get a HP there's at least a chance you'll get it.  If you don't get the HP, no soup for you.

Message 57 of 91
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ToxikPH wrote:

BoA has been doing SP CLIs for well over a year now.  That thread's been ongoing for a while. Smiley Happy  Hopefully Chase follows suit... they're pretty much the only major holdout who only does HP CLIs.

Good to know that they don't pull if you don't qualify for the increase due to internal restrictions like a recent increase.  Saves some unneeded HPs anyway.  I guess if you mash the button and get a HP there's at least

a chance you'll get it.  If you don't get the HP, no soup for you.

srb5k.jpg

Message 58 of 91
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Ok, I have the CLI link on both my CSP and CFU, but I also have...

SW pre approve01.png

Decisions, decision.... 🤔🤔🤔

Edited to note this from the fine print....

"We used your membership in Credit JourneySM to customize this offer."

Message 59 of 91
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

Ok, I have the CLI link on both my CSP and CFU, but I also have...

SW pre approve01.png

Decisions, decision.... 🤔🤔🤔

Is the weight of any Chase CLI going to tip the scales of $18k.

That isss the question 

Message 60 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.