cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase now allowing CLI requests online (Most likely HP)

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase now allowing CLI requests online (Most likely HP)

@ChargedUp wrote:

Ok, I have the CLI link on both my CSP and CFU, but I also have...

SW pre approve01.png

Decisions, decision.... 🤔🤔🤔

Edited to note this from the fine print....

"We used your membership in Credit JourneySM to customize this offer."

New card, then rearrange limits whichever way you need them

Ask for CLI later

Message 61 of 91
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

I have the luv button too - but it says a HP will be made, no thanks! If I wanted a HP, I would get a new card, with a new round of 0% Intro Smiley Wink

Message 62 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

SW pre approve01.png

CLI = hard pull, and will probably be less than $18,000.  New preapproved card = hard pull, with $18,000, but then you have an AF card you may not want.  If you fly Southwest, I'd grab the card for the SUB, reallocate the limits as needed, keep it for a year, then close it or product change it to something you want more.

It's too bad the preapprovals are always for a specific card, rather than just a set amount and APR, and you choose the card you want.

If they can preapprove a new card and give you a limit and APR ahead of time, they could also give SP CLI preapprovals in a similar way.  Maybe they do?  Dunno... but it would be nice if they did.  Like the way Apple card apps work, I'd love to be able to see what I could get for a CLI with a soft pull, and only take the HP if I accept the offer.

Message 63 of 91
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

I also noticed that the cards that i am prequalified for all have an AF - and none have 0% intro ;(

Message 64 of 91
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

SW pre approve01.png

CLI = hard pull, and will probably be less than $18,000.  New preapproved card = hard pull, with $18,000, but then you have an AF card you may not want.  If you fly Southwest, I'd grab the card for the SUB, reallocate the limits as needed, keep it for a year, then close it or product change it to something you want more.

It's too bad the preapprovals are always for a specific card, rather than just a set amount and APR, and you choose the card you want.

If they can preapprove a new card and give you a limit and APR ahead of time, they could also give SP CLI preapprovals in a similar way.  Maybe they do?  Dunno... but it would be nice if they did.  Like the way Apple card apps work, I'd love to be able to see what I could get for a CLI with a soft pull, and only take the HP if I accept the offer.

Which is why I haven't grabbed this (yet!) I've been holding out because I want Freedom and to a lesser extent Amazon from Chase. IIRC you can't product change from one brand to another. I don't really have any use for a SWA Visa as I'm staying in the UR ecosystem for my vacation plans. The AF bills the first statement according to the fine print.

Should I hold out for a different product to show?

Message 65 of 91
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

While the myfico heavy hitters are distracted with the DC Power card, I'll post my follow-up regarding the Chase online CLI.

... and quite frankly, nothing special with my outcome. I was denied said CLI due too many new accounts in short amount of time. Albeit a trial run at the new Chase option, I forgot to take into consideration my wife having a couple of fairly new accounts that I am authorized on.

I'm looking forward to this option, hopefully being fully implemented.

Message 66 of 91
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

SW pre approve01.png

Which is why I haven't grabbed this (yet!) I've been holding out because I want Freedom and to a lesser extent Amazon from Chase. IIRC you can't product change from one brand to another. I don't really have any use for a SWA Visa as I'm staying in the UR ecosystem for my vacation plans. The AF bills the first statement according to the fine print.

Should I hold out for a different product to show?

Any branches near you? You could stop by and ask. A lot of times in branch offers differ from what's in your account. 

I have nothing in my account, but there is in branch pre approval for unlimited. 

Message 67 of 91
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SoCalifornia also appears 3 of 4 of your cards are chase cards.   You might eventually want to put some eggs in other baskets as any lender can be cruel at times.  Just my 2 cents if your profile in signature is accurate.  Sorry about the CLI denial none-the-less, but they see they carry 75% of the card you are primary on are with them and probably make them not wanting to carry the whole weight of your credit

Message 68 of 91
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@SoCalifornia also appears 3 of 4 of your cards are chase cards.   You might eventually want to put some eggs in other baskets as any lender can be cruel at times.  Just my 2 cents if your profile in signature is accurate.  Sorry about the CLI denial none-the-less, but they see they carry 75% of the card you are primary on are with them and probably make them not wanting to carry the whole weight of your credit

Most definitely. Prior to being a loyal Chase customer, I also didn't take as good care of my credit. I had closed several accounts with CapOne and a local lender. I have a couple of cards with different lenders in my sights. I am gardening for several reasons after all. I'm planning to pick up the Cash+ from USB. Meanwhile, there was no pressing reason for the CLI request, other than exploring the new online feature. No harm 💪🏾

Message 69 of 91
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

This is very interesting. I checked and I definitely don't have a CLI option on my cards (Amazon, CSP or Ritz). I even checked my business account and same result there. I'm stoked they are finally moving into this space so looks like a soft launch so far. Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna keep my eyes open. 

Message 70 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.