Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase or Citi...?

tag
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

Chase or Citi...?

Out of the two, which is Easier to be Approved for AND the best at CLI's and Multiple Account Approval (after established)...?

Smiley Happy

30 REPLIES 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase or Citi...?

@Charmante wrote:

Out of the two, which is Easier to be Approved for AND the best at CLI's and Multiple Account Approval (after established)...?

Smiley Happy

@Charmante wrote:

Smiley Happy

Chase will deny you if you are 5/24

Citi will deny for 6/6 Inqs (I believe)

Someone else could probably better clarify on Citi.

Message 2 of 31
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

For me Citi has been by far more generous with CLIs (see my recent Chase post Smiley LOL). But that is just MY experience. It is not the case for others. Citi seems to be more lenient with new accounts than Chase. Chase has the 5/24 rule which limits 5 new cc accounts per 24 months. I have not heard the same said of Citi. I have never opened 5 cards within 24 months so I can't solidly confirm that.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 31
LakeLife
Established Contributor

The best thing about Citi is you can request CLI online versus wasting a bunch of time on the phone.  

Message 4 of 31
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Citi has SP CLI request.

With Chase, well, all you can do with Chase is hope for the day that you know will never come.

Message 5 of 31
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@staticvoidmain wrote:

Citi has SP CLI request.

With Chase, well, all you can do with Chase is hope for the day that you know will never come.

^^^^^^

THIS!!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 31
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

LOL! It appears that Chase is very difficult to deal with... haha

Which CITI card is best to app for, for getting foot in door? (easiest approval)

Message 7 of 31
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@Charmante wrote:

LOL! It appears that Chase is very difficult to deal with... haha

Which CITI card is best to app for, for getting foot in door? (easiest approval)

Check out their pre-qualify page:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/credit/application/flow.action?isInvitation=N 

Message 8 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Charmante  how many cards did you acquire in the last 3 months? 

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LakeLife   Prequal is down and has been for several months now...

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.